Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cold turkey

Started by Kronii [1965595] on in Health & Fitness.

30 replies · 516 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
32 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Kronii [1965595]
Usually, I don't post much... Nor do I divulge much of my personal life.


However, I'm proud of myself and wanted to share a recent happening. I've been clean of alcohol for well over a month now. This is a huge deal since I've been a heavy drinker since my teenage years and it's impacted me both physically and mentally in many different ways.

These past two years have been especially rough on me - from getting covid to losing a family member. I used alcohol as a crutch and these events to excuse my excessive indulgence. I've got my second wind now, though.

In terms of how many days? I don't know. I stopped counting after three weeks. Why? I felt if I kept track, I'd be finding myself saying "Hey...a shot wouldn't hurt. I've been clean for two months. It won't hurt." So, I made the choice to just keep going rather than track the amount of days.

I won't lie... It's been a fairly tough road. Homebrewing is one of my main hobbies, and I still collect bottles. The temptation is very much there at times and I could feel myself slipping sometimes due to real life demons, but if I let go now, there's no turning back. My life is so much better now... My head is clear, my body is healing, and I get to devote that time and energy to people I care about and to expanding interests I never had before.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble a bit... I want to thank all of my friends (too many to name) and faction for supporting me through this. I truly, truly couldn't have done this without them. Without certain people and events that I've experienced on here, I definitely wouldn't have made it this past year.
JrPacman [1537436]
yaaaay ! Proud of you Saya ! Hope you have a great year ahead and stay clean and enjoy the time :) Lucky to have you in Cata !
LTJELLOMAN [1161626]
I cant ever say enough how proud I am of you, you're someone who means a lot to people. I can never express how much people enjoy your presence and if you feel this is the best for you then I and I'm sure many others will agree.

Continue to be as amazing as you're, I know whatever support you get will mean a lot, so I hope my few words means something as well.
Stallion8321 [2300496]
As someone who fought my own battle with alcohol (and coupled with depression), I'm happy to say WELL DONE. Nobody knows how hard these battles are. And even others going through "similar" battles never truly know yours.

Enjoy the freedoms you find now and know you have support in more places than you realize!
Wiber [2065939]
Awesome!

Keep it up. I hate alcohol and what it does to people. To read your story filled me with hope and joy.

Thankyou.
Hartje [11746]
Congrats on your sobriety!

Alcohol addiction is a tough battle with how entrenched in society drinking is, so major props for finding your way through it.
Bojak [135372]
I couldnt be more proud of you. keep up the good work. i believe in you. you have taken your life back on your terms. soo proud!
Sword [565990]
You should honestly be so proud of yourself. The way you took this on, and managed to stay clean every single day since, despite the temptations you've had is beyond incredible. To go from where you were at, to where you are now, and knowing you're still pushing on is inspiring not only to me but I'm sure to plenty around you, and hopefully sharing this will sit with people who may find themselves in a similar situation to try and take that step.

You're amazing. :)
Nexus [105937]
Congrats Saya, keep it up!!

The buzz is never worth the lows it brings...when the lows become basically all the time.
Helmstetter [2272097]
Congratulations! It's extremely tough to kick something to the curb that has had such a hold on you for so long. Way to turn a rough patch in to something extremely positive! Keep it going for those sobriety merits. :-)
JoeExotic [2506611]
Great Achievement Saya, takes a very strong will to pull off. Hope you keep going and stay strong and develop healthier habits.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
A great post and remarkable achievement. You should be as proud as we are of you.


I’m certain there are people that could say they wouldn’t have made it to this year without you either.