Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Friendly fire in group attacks

Started by Viscount [666653] on in Suggestions.

10 replies · 148 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
32
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

Viscount [666653]
I am unsure if this has been suggested, a cursory search didn't find anything but I did not deep dive.

So the idea is a small chance of friendly fire in group attacks. With the chance being weighted on the number of people attacking.
So attacks with 2-5 people would have an incredibly rare (maybe 0.001%) chance of hitting other participants, and an attack with 100 would have maybe a 0.1% chance of hitting other participants.

I think this would create an extra level of fun/risk to NPC and other group attacks. You could even chuck merits on it if you were so inclined.

note: My percentages are just for illustration.
Elizabeth [2339829]
I mean, yeah, sure, assuming it's a pretty rare occurrence, I don't see why not. It would add a little something to NPC looting fights too, as there's almost always very large groups taking them on. I imagine the first person to be friendly fired would be pretty salty lol, but it also opens up the potential for a friendly fire merit!

Absolutely. R++
Elizabeth [2339829]
Right, not quite what I meant, but yes, I recognise that there is a merit with this name. I think it's pretty clear that what I meant was a merit that you earn from being friendly fired upon in the context of this thread.
Andyman [471591]
Interesting idea. I'm fairly sure random attacks on random group participants would be quite difficult to code with how distraction levels work.

It seems like HEGs and other grenades/explosives should do friendly splash damage to all melee attckers doesn't it?