this guy still exists?? it's been a while since it messaged me
Scam goes wrong :-)
Started by revstevew [2175299] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Can we settle on one thread for this type of scam where people can share their funny chats?
As it is, I feel like I see such threads every week. It's getting ridiculous :p
As it is, I feel like I see such threads every week. It's getting ridiculous :p
Personally to verify that someone is who they say they are and serious I opt for send a picture of your shoe on your head.
Then I share the picture for kicks, call them a mug and tell them to f**k off. Shared a few embarrassing selfies of people
Then I share the picture for kicks, call them a mug and tell them to f**k off. Shared a few embarrassing selfies of people
Are there no consistent IPs they're connecting from that you could ban? I understand it can get a bit dicey cause Torn has players from all over and you don't want to blanket ban them, but you should be able to do a targeted range of IPs, or even just do an IP lookup when people are connecting/creating an account, and/or ban Tor networks if that's what the stain is using.
Find it kind of fishy that this is someone who clearly knows enough to understand factions/marriage relationships but has no main accounts. Maybe a bait faction/relationship sting would work? Follow the money... probably catch more people that way too.
Just spitballing here, would love for this person to get caught.
Find it kind of fishy that this is someone who clearly knows enough to understand factions/marriage relationships but has no main accounts. Maybe a bait faction/relationship sting would work? Follow the money... probably catch more people that way too.
Just spitballing here, would love for this person to get caught.
Amazing
CHECK OUT THE BIG BRAINS ON BARDICER!!!!!
That dude must have a lot of spare time...
I've received it like.. 6-7 times myself or something like that
I've received it like.. 6-7 times myself or something like that
If they're using a VPN, there's no way to zero in on one or for that matter, 10 IP adresses, considering VPN makes it pretty much impossible to catch/ban you, unless it's the law enforcement.
Every time its the same
Hey I'm using my friends account . Send me some money
Hey Its my new account.
Hey can u loan me this thaaat
GET CREATIVE PLEASE.
Hey I'm using my friends account . Send me some money
Hey Its my new account.
Hey can u loan me this thaaat
GET CREATIVE PLEASE.
...And he's gone
Mange Tout: Ok
hi its me bogie
using my friend's account atm
send money pls and I'll giv torn admin privileges
using my friend's account atm
send money pls and I'll giv torn admin privileges
Sadly there are a lot of empty headed people in the world. Many people really do need a baby sitter/care worker sat next to them when they do anything online. Its that bad sadly ..
A lot of people just dont think at all when they are doing anything online. Thats not so good.
Looking at facebook for example. There are bots/multis on facebook. I would hate to see the trouble some of the empty heads in this game get into on facebook....
A lot of people just dont think at all when they are doing anything online. Thats not so good.
Looking at facebook for example. There are bots/multis on facebook. I would hate to see the trouble some of the empty heads in this game get into on facebook....
Actually, it's possible... to an extent... to detect a proxy. Nothing is 100% foolproof, but I used IP2Location when I was working for a social network. You can download the data (but need to refresh it regularly), or you can call an API to get the information.
If you're interested, you can even do a demo to gauge accuracy by using your own IP, again, it's not 100%, but it is pretty freaking close - ip2location.com is the url.
Just want to clarify that I'm not affiliated with the third-party company in any way, shape, or form and will receive absolutely no benefit from using them other than the potential permanent blocking of the scammer(s) from the game I play.
If you're interested, you can even do a demo to gauge accuracy by using your own IP, again, it's not 100%, but it is pretty freaking close - ip2location.com is the url.
Just want to clarify that I'm not affiliated with the third-party company in any way, shape, or form and will receive absolutely no benefit from using them other than the potential permanent blocking of the scammer(s) from the game I play.
Same lines, different players? Hmmm...
BeatMeX: hi
GwaPutaYa: hi there
BeatMeX: how are you
BeatMeX: ekiM_ here
BeatMeX: am helping a friend
BeatMeX: using his account atm
GwaPutaYa: not bad
GwaPutaYa: oh...
BeatMeX: listen dude
BeatMeX: i am going to get 4.8b from a friend who is quitting torn..i cant take up all on me...if you can trust me and lemme use your torn account for 10 minutes..ill save 2b in your account by a secure route..cant send directly thats why need to do it myself..wont take long..ill let you use half of the money
GwaPutaYa: send me the 2B i'll save it for you
BeatMeX: i wont send directly dude...otherwise would have sent myself
BeatMeX: just tell me can i use your account or no
GwaPutaYa: im sorry i cant let you :)
BeatMeX: ok no problem
BeatMeX: hi
GwaPutaYa: hi there
BeatMeX: how are you
BeatMeX: ekiM_ here
BeatMeX: am helping a friend
BeatMeX: using his account atm
GwaPutaYa: not bad
GwaPutaYa: oh...
BeatMeX: listen dude
BeatMeX: i am going to get 4.8b from a friend who is quitting torn..i cant take up all on me...if you can trust me and lemme use your torn account for 10 minutes..ill save 2b in your account by a secure route..cant send directly thats why need to do it myself..wont take long..ill let you use half of the money
GwaPutaYa: send me the 2B i'll save it for you
BeatMeX: i wont send directly dude...otherwise would have sent myself
BeatMeX: just tell me can i use your account or no
GwaPutaYa: im sorry i cant let you :)
BeatMeX: ok no problem
Same person, he literally creates a new account every time he gets banned to do the same scams - it's been going on for almost 3 years to my knowledge - if he put as much effort into the game as scamming/banning he would probably be one of the top players :-D
Out of curiosity... Don't you get tired of having to repeat this over and over, ban them over and over and STILL see people fall for it...?
Maybe a bait faction/relationship sting would work?
I believe torn already does sting operations in RMT groups etc
His purpose is not to be top players or even play at all. His purpose is making RL money from Torn.