Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Checking your browser before accessing torn.com

Started by EuSouODougras [2480891] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 197 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
5
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

EuSouODougras [2480891]
My browser stays forever on the loading screen which is supposed to last 5 seconds, according to the same screen.

[image: snipboard.io]

It happened twice already:

First on my laptop, windows chrome browser, i was playing normally, left the page open while i had my lunch, and when icame back and loaded a new page it got stuck. Tried rebooting my pc, clearing cache and history, opening new tabs, incognito mode, turned off torn tools and other extensions, then i gave up and left the tab open, and it auto refreshed every now and then. After a long lwhile (maybe almost 1 hour since the problem occured) it suddenly refreshed to the login page, asking for 2FA. - In the meantime, i could play normaly on my phone.

Now its happening on my phone, android yandex browser, tried every step mentioned above, and also tried torn pda browser, and torn app, but so far its still "checking my browser", it was working normally a couple hours ago, on yandex which is where i play on my phone, and now it isnt. 40 minutes or something have passed since the issue started and i decided to make this post. - same as before, its working on my pc normally
edit: after i posted this I got a notification from torn app saying my boss just trained me, but its still checking browser


i hope i could make myself clear and i hope u can help me, thx a lot in advance ;)
EuSouODougras [2480891]
Nope.

And also during the night, the game started working normally on my phone again. The difference is that it didn't log me out, as it happened on computer

But I'm afraid it happens again
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I will pass this up to Joe. I have had this happen to me as well on two occasions. My initial thought was that it had something to do with the Android App, because that's where I triggered this loop. I was able to break the loop by clearing cache and force-closing the app. But OP seems to have been facing this on desktop as well.

Thanks..!!
Khal [2595709]
This happened to me quite a few times as well on both mobile and desktop. I was directed to a Cloudflare error page after about 5 mins of loading. It was fixed when I switched to a different network and also worked when I used a VPN as well.

edit : I'm guessing it's a local network issue
Asipu [2550682]
I've had this issue for months and just presumed it was the norm for everyone. I'm using Android mostly now but it was the same on PC Win10
Not using a vpn
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Unfortunately I'm really not sure what we can do here, if people are experiencing the same issue across all browsers, it's definitely a problem on Cloudflare's end.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
It may be something interfering with their javascript browser check for some reason, if it keeps repeating like that, then I believe you're failing it.
TealJade [1737229]
I had this same issue on my android, I thought it had something to do with an ATT update but maybe not. It didn't resolve until Torn logged me out, then I was able to log in normally.
Yeala [2599083]
Had this happen on TornPDA too, didn't file a bug as it's not the official app/standard browser. First happened around a week ago or so. Sometimes it worked after waiting for ~a minute, sometimes I just turned the screen off and got back to it later to find it working.