Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Post-Attack "Continue" Button

Started by Crannie [2143308] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 60 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100
Crannie [2143308]
1) In tab A, I opened a player's attack loader. Didn't click "Start Fight" or anything, just had it open for viewing.

2) In tab B, I opened Fernando's attack loader. Again, didn't click anything.

3) A few minutes later, I clicked "Join Fight" on Fernando's attack loader. As usual, this made every open attack loader change to the active attack page, so both tab A and tab B were now Fernando's attack page.

4) I closed tab B, and carried out the Fernando attack in tab A.

5) Fernando died at 17:59:52 and the "Continue" button appeared, as it always does.

6) I clicked the "Continue" button at 17:59:54. Instead of displaying the Fernando attack log like it usually does, this started an attack with the player whose attack loader I was previously viewing in this tab.


Is this intended behaviour?

I haven't tried to reproduce the issue because it'll waste 25e each time, so will leave it to your magical powers.
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
Continue button itself can't start the attack because it's leading to a different page. However button can be changed in case if poll request already worked after the fight was finished (it will be disabled only on your main tab) - in this case client will change the 'continue' button to 'attack'. Can this be the case?
Crannie [2143308]
I'm afraid I don't understand the question. The original post describes the exact steps that led to the anomaly, and I can't think of anything else that might be relevant.

I'm not looking for a resolution, by the way, but am simply reporting the unexpected game behaviour in case it helps with your investigation of related issues. Cheers! :)