As many of you guys are aware today marks the 365th day of the active streaks. I'm just wondering why is their only 1 merit for 100 days active streak? Surely there should be a merit for continuously logging into to the game for 365 days straight
Active streak
Started by Heffoblaze420 [2167837] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 31
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 42 / 100
- Story score
- 61 / 100
- Engagement score
- 73 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 45 likes ·
I can see why people would want this but personally I'm quite glad there isn't a merit for that long of continuous login. Real life gets in the way at times and I don't think people should have to feel … - Orb [2434389]
· 15 likes ·
Because even The Mighty Lord Ched himself never logs continuously into the game for 365 days straight. - PimpChu [1284243]
· 9 likes ·
if you can login for 100 days, you can login 365 days. nothing special in doing it
Because even The Mighty Lord Ched himself never logs continuously into the game for 365 days straight.
if you can login for 100 days, you can login 365 days. nothing special in doing it
Because Ched had the foresight to see that the forums would eb flooded with whiney gits complaining that they've got to start a 365 run again after missing a day and the 100 run is easier?
Other than that, like Bambi's mate 'Bumpsintothings'... No idea...
Other than that, like Bambi's mate 'Bumpsintothings'... No idea...
But isn't that the same for every other longevity merit?
Nothing special in doing anything multiple times:
Being in a faction
Being married
Finding things in the city
Time travelled
Doing crimes
Etc....
Nothing special in doing anything multiple times:
Being in a faction
Being married
Finding things in the city
Time travelled
Doing crimes
Etc....
If there's a merit for logging in 100 days in a row, the next increment should be 1000 days. I don't think it's a interesting merit but if they do it, i will not complain.
I rather see a different Merit being implemented than just 'login for x amount of days'. What's the fun about that?
I rather see a different Merit being implemented than just 'login for x amount of days'. What's the fun about that?
I can see why people would want this but personally I'm quite glad there isn't a merit for that long of continuous login. Real life gets in the way at times and I don't think people should have to feel pressured to log into Torn, or feel like it's a chore.
Might one come in the future? I don't know maybe? But that's just my personal opinion on such things.
Might one come in the future? I don't know maybe? But that's just my personal opinion on such things.
You are no longer qualified as CM!
OF COURSE Torn needs to pressure people into playing each day. Not only do we need a daily ligin, we also need merits for time played, a merit for playing 1 uninterrupted hour per day for 365 consecutive days, one for 2 hours, 3... All the way up to 26 hours(*) played per day, for 365 days in a row.
And then the same for 730 days and so forth.
Screw real life!
(*) If by now you haven't figured out I'm joking... Well .. then I pity you
OF COURSE Torn needs to pressure people into playing each day. Not only do we need a daily ligin, we also need merits for time played, a merit for playing 1 uninterrupted hour per day for 365 consecutive days, one for 2 hours, 3... All the way up to 26 hours(*) played per day, for 365 days in a row.
And then the same for 730 days and so forth.
Screw real life!
(*) If by now you haven't figured out I'm joking... Well .. then I pity you
If it is added, now would be the best time, in the future more people's streaks will be broken because of real life, I've got a 365 day streak now but if that was added as a merit in the future I might not be able to get it.
Some of the bigger merit hunters probably already assume they'll have to have a bigger streak for future merits and feel pressured because of that anyway
Some of the bigger merit hunters probably already assume they'll have to have a bigger streak for future merits and feel pressured because of that anyway
This post has an above average amount of insight. Do it now, compensate our covid suffering with a merit.
yes
yep that's why there's merits for 365 days in the air :p
totally not a chore :D
totally not a chore :D
We need this !
I think a merit for logging in for 1000 days would be cool, Just make it non-consecutive days.
New honor bar "Sneezeguard" for logging in every day since the pandemic was declared!
Does getting kicked from faction and fired from company not count as being pressured ?
Mentions: 2nd of september approaching...
That's definitely one of those "legendary" merits that is a grind to complete, which I'm all in favor of, but you can take a break from it or focus on other things then come back to it later without completely resetting any progress, unlike an activity streak merit.
I gotta admit if we were not dealing with the pandemic many of us won't have achieved the 365 activity streak already
For anyone curious, there are around 7207 accounts with a 365 activity streak (some slight uncertainty as my scrape of active users spanned two different activity streak "days", but that should be quite close to the real number).