Must be in keyboard warriors.
Strongest Team?
Started by -JonSnow- [1515550] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 154 / 154 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Even coming in 1st is kind of a waste of enegy for many players already...
Elim is more for the fun of it than anything else really. It is a massive waste of energy regardless of what goal you go for.
I had great fun in the 3 i actually participated though and can't really talk about bad leadership as i was in the winning team on all 3 years.
But if i was in a shitty team with low activity i think i would still consider it an achievement to reach 2nd or 3rd and surpass way better teams...
Again i see Elim more as a fun / pride thing than a competition for a reward, because lets face it, the rewards are crap compared to the effort you have to put in to win.
Elim is more for the fun of it than anything else really. It is a massive waste of energy regardless of what goal you go for.
I had great fun in the 3 i actually participated though and can't really talk about bad leadership as i was in the winning team on all 3 years.
But if i was in a shitty team with low activity i think i would still consider it an achievement to reach 2nd or 3rd and surpass way better teams...
Again i see Elim more as a fun / pride thing than a competition for a reward, because lets face it, the rewards are crap compared to the effort you have to put in to win.
Yeah, they can't really add more merits, they could definitely up the token reward though. That might make sense to increase the incentive. Perhaps it's not a good idea for all events to be equal on tokens. Easter egg shit or uploading a picture of yourself shouldn't give the same tokens as elim. Elim should be like a 30 token event with 15 in personal hits and 15 in team ranking.
Actually, added suggestion https://www.torn.com/forums.php#p=threads&f=4&t=16241325&b=0&a=0
Been several years since I could get a merit out of it. I know a lot are in the same boat.
Actually, added suggestion https://www.torn.com/forums.php#p=threads&f=4&t=16241325&b=0&a=0
Been several years since I could get a merit out of it. I know a lot are in the same boat.
Me….lol
Even tokens are pointless...
I seriously don't give 2 shits about my hairstyle in torn or the back image... And the honors have had them all for quite a while.
Like most mechanics here, the tokens system is getting outdated really fast.
So my suggestion would still be cache's of goods for the top hitters (5% or so) of the winning team, maybe even top hitters of the first 3. And good stuff in it... As an actual motivator.
Elim only has the participation it does because there is little else to do in Torn otherwise at the moment... We have been in a sort of limbo for a while now.
I seriously don't give 2 shits about my hairstyle in torn or the back image... And the honors have had them all for quite a while.
Like most mechanics here, the tokens system is getting outdated really fast.
So my suggestion would still be cache's of goods for the top hitters (5% or so) of the winning team, maybe even top hitters of the first 3. And good stuff in it... As an actual motivator.
Elim only has the participation it does because there is little else to do in Torn otherwise at the moment... We have been in a sort of limbo for a while now.
Well honestly, tokens needs more shit to spend on no matter what at some point. I think it needs items etc. What's there is fine for a BASE model, but it needs a legit shop. I suggested non tradeable valuable useable (beer keg, BCT (non tradeable), FHCs, Stat Enhancers etc.) items so they'd be great for noobs to get a bit stronger without feeling like they need to sell for $$$ and those items are obviously great for older players as well but they didn't seem on board. Either way we need SOMETHING there.
So to me more tokens still makes sense, the problem is the token shop itself needs work, and that's something that's needed no matter what.
So to me more tokens still makes sense, the problem is the token shop itself needs work, and that's something that's needed no matter what.
I'm still salty about that. Hopefully this year goes better. At least take us out on day 2 and not day 1.
Beerstain out here acting like he knows Elimination inside out lol
Worked like a charm last year, if you know you know..
EDIT: For those who don't know, he tried to fix Elim 2020 and was the reason why his team crashed out first. Was nothing short of useless when it came to productivity too lol. Embarrassing.
Worked like a charm last year, if you know you know..
EDIT: For those who don't know, he tried to fix Elim 2020 and was the reason why his team crashed out first. Was nothing short of useless when it came to productivity too lol. Embarrassing.
I'm just here for the merits.
Defends, bounties, respect, finishing hits,maxing out weapons. That's what I'm looking for.
Defends, bounties, respect, finishing hits,maxing out weapons. That's what I'm looking for.
Those reasons are all nice and good if you are a young player, but for who has been around for a while and won all the awards from the comp itself there is really little logical sense in participating.
Still plenty do, because there is nothing else better to focus on.
Still plenty do, because there is nothing else better to focus on.
I haven't participated since the first eliminations so I have almost all merits to get.
But merits and networking is why I joined. I need more friends from outside my faction.
But merits and networking is why I joined. I need more friends from outside my faction.
Oh for f**ks sake lol. Wish I read this earlier. I had VS as an option but randomed into Dongs.
I’ll be happy if everyone works together to throw out VS first lol.
p.s. prox is a snek
I’ll be happy if everyone works together to throw out VS first lol.
p.s. prox is a snek
If you are going to meet new people make sure you have emotional support outside of torn.
There are some mean person's in this game.
Now seriously elimination is great fun, this year might be less so because of the medical changed, but there is still the social aspect of it to keep ppl entertained.
I'm still sitting it out though.
There are some mean person's in this game.
Now seriously elimination is great fun, this year might be less so because of the medical changed, but there is still the social aspect of it to keep ppl entertained.
I'm still sitting it out though.
Good thing I don't get my feelings hurt from online things. Irl though, I'm a total softie.
I have been thinking on the medical changes. I'm pretty excited to test it out. Since I don't have to fair fight I'm expecting my med count to be under control.
I have been thinking on the medical changes. I'm pretty excited to test it out. Since I don't have to fair fight I'm expecting my med count to be under control.
Oh... The optimistic fool...
I miss that fase...
I can tell you for a fact with your lvl and stats you will be pummeled to exhaustion and more so depending on how long your team lasts.
It's not about your atacks that you need to worry, it is about avoiding everyone else's.
I miss that fase...
I can tell you for a fact with your lvl and stats you will be pummeled to exhaustion and more so depending on how long your team lasts.
It's not about your atacks that you need to worry, it is about avoiding everyone else's.
30% leave rate instead of chilling in the hosp for some tokens, we'll see if it manages to hit higher numbers with the new med system.
I'm just gonna throw this out there ...
If your mentality is "OMG they STRONK! We gotta get em out first !", you're not using your head.
Because guess what ? Once you knock out the strongest team in the comp, they just get replaced by the next strongest team in the comp and youre right back where ya started.
If I was a lead and I didnt think my team was that strong, I'd find toughest looking team out there, make a final two with them and ride em all the way to the top 3... where I would promptly make a side deal with the other team in the top 3 and 2-1 my meal ticket, thank them for the free ride to the end and guarantee my team at least a top 2 finish... but maybe thats just me. I play to win, and if i see a beefy looking team, and theyre willing to work together.with my weaker team... my ass is heading to the final 3 on their backs
No one gets to the end here without finding a dance partner... wouldnt it make more sense to team up with someone that A- Can carry you to the end and B- is always gonna be a target before you ?
You have to have allies to have any shot here, the smart play is to find the strongest one ya can, and ride the wheels off em. Teaming up with a bunch of scrub teams is just going to make YOU the "strong team that needs to be taken out at some point" but as long as your beefy buddies are around, that target never lands on you ... There will plenty of time to get rid of them later, AFTER they've served their purpose
[image: media4.giphy.com]
If your mentality is "OMG they STRONK! We gotta get em out first !", you're not using your head.
Because guess what ? Once you knock out the strongest team in the comp, they just get replaced by the next strongest team in the comp and youre right back where ya started.
If I was a lead and I didnt think my team was that strong, I'd find toughest looking team out there, make a final two with them and ride em all the way to the top 3... where I would promptly make a side deal with the other team in the top 3 and 2-1 my meal ticket, thank them for the free ride to the end and guarantee my team at least a top 2 finish... but maybe thats just me. I play to win, and if i see a beefy looking team, and theyre willing to work together.with my weaker team... my ass is heading to the final 3 on their backs
No one gets to the end here without finding a dance partner... wouldnt it make more sense to team up with someone that A- Can carry you to the end and B- is always gonna be a target before you ?
You have to have allies to have any shot here, the smart play is to find the strongest one ya can, and ride the wheels off em. Teaming up with a bunch of scrub teams is just going to make YOU the "strong team that needs to be taken out at some point" but as long as your beefy buddies are around, that target never lands on you ... There will plenty of time to get rid of them later, AFTER they've served their purpose
[image: media4.giphy.com]
-Guy on the team voted strongest
We all know that's not how it's ever played out though. #2 and #3 always roll over for #1.
We all know that's not how it's ever played out though. #2 and #3 always roll over for #1.