Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attack never ended?

Started by Teq [1472890] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 108 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

STARSjeff [996301] ×1

Teq [1472890]
Saw a faction mate in a fight with low hp, decided to give them a hand. Hopped in, threw a grenade and waited for them to finish, Torn notified me they had defeated the opponent by way of a pop up, "DirtyTroutBoy has defeated STARSjeff" (something along those lines).

I checked the chain counter and the fight didn't get recognised as successful.

Checked the attack log itself and there is no outcome in there, just the last line of the attack.

No record of the attack taking place in the faction attacking log

But it appears in my own log as a successful attack.

10:47:17 - 07/09/21 You used 25 energy attacking STARSjeff and assisted in their defeat [view]

STARSjeff also didn't end up in hospital as far as I saw.

DirtyTroutBoy has gone offline so I can't ask him what happened on his end/what his log says, maybe he never clicked "leave/mug/hosp" but I thought it defaults to leave after 30 seconds.

Another thing to note, the total amount of damage done in the fight is more than the opponents total HP, indicating it should have been a successful attack, but it never had an outcome.

Mentions: STARSjeff [996301]

aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
It's better to wait and ask them of what exactly they saw, because I can't find any related errors so far.
Teq [1472890]
he says he had to close and restart Torn because it wouldn't let him click "leave", and then had issues reconnecting
aurel1 [1046304] Admin Staff
Will be good to get some more details (especially on "wouldn't let him click "leave"" - what exactly happened and how it looked like).
Trout [2399803]
So what I experienced is I fired my armalite whiched "ended the fight" however when ever the leave mug and hospitalize buttons showed up they quickly disappeared and I was unable able to leave the page I was to push the back and refresh buttons but they didn't work and after like a minute or two I closed torn to refresh it and everything worjed fine after that
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
We can probably close this as a one-off issue, I will assign this to Pavel to check if anything else needs to be done or checked here.

Thanks!