Anyone here play VR? I'm kinda looking for something new to play, I've played Boneworks, VRchat, Half Life Alyx, and Into the radius. (And a few others I can't think of rn) But just looking for suggestions or some of your favorite experiences in VR. Thanks!
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 13
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Gawain112 [493951]
· 3 likes ·
I've only recently got VR myself, but after a few hours of playing The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners and loving it, I would have to recommend that! I've got quite a few other VR games in my Steam library …
I've only recently got VR myself, but after a few hours of playing The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners and loving it, I would have to recommend that! I've got quite a few other VR games in my Steam library waiting to be played though!
I've actually created a public collection of VR games I currently have, on a site called We The Players, where I'll be rating and reviewing them as I play them. It might help you find some new games, even without the ratings and reviews yet. Feel free to check it out here if you wish. Hopefully you'll find something new to enjoy :D
I've actually created a public collection of VR games I currently have, on a site called We The Players, where I'll be rating and reviewing them as I play them. It might help you find some new games, even without the ratings and reviews yet. Feel free to check it out here if you wish. Hopefully you'll find something new to enjoy :D
It's been a while since I played but my favourite VR game is Until You Fall, which is a hack and slash roguelite. Very fun, and one of the only times I've forgotten I was in VR. Sairento VR is also real fun too if you've ever wanted to be a ninja.
The Sairento VR devs actually have a playtest open for their upcoming game Hellsweeper VR at the moment. Might be worth looking at and having a little play, if anything, just to see if it's something you might want when it releases.
I've got it installed but I haven't tried it yet. A friend of mine says it's pretty fun though :)
I've got it installed but I haven't tried it yet. A friend of mine says it's pretty fun though :)
Ooooh, thanks for the heads up! Maybe time to dig out my Rift lol
Superhot
it doesn't look like much but it's a game I'd play for hours I really enjoyed it.
you get a limited number of bullets so accuracy is key.
the game is more fun the faster you move. (theres a slow motion feature).
play with friends or siblings to try and beat each others score.
there's no real objective or story just play to have fun.
it doesn't look like much but it's a game I'd play for hours I really enjoyed it.
you get a limited number of bullets so accuracy is key.
the game is more fun the faster you move. (theres a slow motion feature).
play with friends or siblings to try and beat each others score.
there's no real objective or story just play to have fun.
I did play the original super hot, i forgot they made a VR port though, ill have to check it out. Thanks!
VR is of course the future of gaming. Its not there yet though is it? It could be many years away from being right for all i know.
The future of gaming is playing GTA, farcry, driving games, RPGs, sports games in VR.
It will be great when we get it.
It could be something we never get though. The gaming industry does work great on consoles and PC at the moment.
But VR could make it SO much better.
The future of gaming is playing GTA, farcry, driving games, RPGs, sports games in VR.
It will be great when we get it.
It could be something we never get though. The gaming industry does work great on consoles and PC at the moment.
But VR could make it SO much better.
hotdogs horseshoes and handgrenades has the best gunplay in any vr game.
into the radius has potential, but it lags like f**k, even on my i9 10850k and 3080 and 32gig of ram lol...
budget cuts 2 is good, as is Vertigo Remastered. Rick and morty virtual rickality is aight too, it's a bit of an older one so doesnt have full index support iirc (assuming you have the index and knuckles anyway) trover saves the universe is decent too, just kick back with a proper controller
*edit* oh yeah, what headset & controllers you got?
into the radius has potential, but it lags like f**k, even on my i9 10850k and 3080 and 32gig of ram lol...
budget cuts 2 is good, as is Vertigo Remastered. Rick and morty virtual rickality is aight too, it's a bit of an older one so doesnt have full index support iirc (assuming you have the index and knuckles anyway) trover saves the universe is decent too, just kick back with a proper controller
*edit* oh yeah, what headset & controllers you got?
Not a full game, but Elixir is a free, fun, 15 minute experience I highly recommend, where you become a sorceress’ apprentice- set your hands on fire, get tentacles for hands, and teleport! (Just don’t forget the teleport feature- it’s essential to navigate if you don’t have your whole room cleared lol)
*edit* oh and you control the game with your hands, not the controllers, which is pretty novel
*edit* oh and you control the game with your hands, not the controllers, which is pretty novel
There's already a port for GTA to VR. To be honest most games on steam can be converted with some success now.
Oh, and the hand tracking capabilities are waaaay better than I expected for its limited development time. It tracks way smoother and significantly faster than I expected.
Oh, and the hand tracking capabilities are waaaay better than I expected for its limited development time. It tracks way smoother and significantly faster than I expected.
Ill have to try that out! I tried modding re2 remake with the first person mod in VR but the head bobbing and resolution where way off for some reason and I couldn't get it to work
Yes! I love Hotdogs horseshoes and hand grenades, another fun experience is pavlov or phasmaphobia, great vr games.
I've been watching hotdogs and horseshoes the guy who's developing it is really on point with some of the weapons, Pavlov looked fun for all the mod support it has / custom games. Phasmaphobia looked fun too but i have no friends to play it with lmao
Well VR is still not my cup of tea. Think it will have to mature a couple more years before i invest in it.
But if anyone wants to beef up their VR library, there is a few bundle sales going on atm:
Fall VR Emporium on Humble Bundle
VR Adrenaline Bundle on Fanatical
VR Thrills Bundle also on Fanatical
(if any one it is good or not, i have no clue)
But if anyone wants to beef up their VR library, there is a few bundle sales going on atm:
Fall VR Emporium on Humble Bundle
VR Adrenaline Bundle on Fanatical
VR Thrills Bundle also on Fanatical
(if any one it is good or not, i have no clue)
I play on oculus