195 replies · 6.95k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:196 / 196 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
196
Discussion span
→
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
54 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
89 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
realistassasin[1598729]
· 121 likes · Honestly the worst feature for me is the 1 second delay thanks to Pops scripting cheating ways- fact that he was the reason for multiple nerfs from exploits on mugging yet there was no actual repercussions from staff was kinda …
Kanzu[231334]
· 64 likes · There's no tangible incentive to join when people have all the merits and all the token shop rewards.
Tao[2133339]
· 51 likes · I think the medical changes affects it a bit. No more 24 hour med CD, now you need to be actually active to fully utilize your medical cool down to the maximum. This directly penalizes some less active players who …
I know elimination is just getting started, there's lots of drama to unfold yet, however, I can't help but notice the steady decline in signups year after year of elimination.
As you can see, only one team actually got full this year. That's a drastic reduction compared to even last year (when the first year of the 5 hit requirement went into effect) and less than half of the turnout in 2019. Does this concern anyone else? What made this year so much less exciting than the previous years?
I know elimination is still one of the biggest competitions of the year, but I can't help but be concerned that interest is seriously waning.
I think the medical changes affects it a bit. No more 24 hour med CD, now you need to be actually active to fully utilize your medical cool down to the maximum. This directly penalizes some less active players who used to max their med CD and go all out once a day for example.
But yes, of course its highly likely that there are other reasons too. For example the only reason I am participating this year is the fact that I do not have the top3 or winning merits from Elimination yet. This is my fourth elimination and I got the only individual merit (top 5% hitter in team) on my first year. I will participate until I have all the Elimination merits. But the moment I get them, I wont be doing this again. I would rather be training and getting stronger - especially since the calendar is so packed towards the end of the year (bad planning to stick every attacking event so close to each other) and there is the Halloween event coming up just next month.
I think the new med/revive changes have some concerned about being hosp locked, but then the 15mins intervals also burn people out that are try hards like so many tornies can be
I, for one, decided to sit it out last year and this year because (while Elim does sound fun) this is a great opportunity to gain on or potentially catch lots of competitive players. With ranked warring in mind (which appears to be more interesting to me tbh), the fact that loads of those players simply just stop training for the whole month... it's just too much of an opportunity.
I won't ever catch any of the big boys/girls, but focusing on battle stats instead of bleeding Energy for a month might just get me that bit of an edge at least over those I can realistically be competitive with >>> have a lot more fun when ranked warring arrives... soon.
(By the way, I keep telling myself 'there is always next year', but I'm not entirely sure I could get myself to spend that much Energy for... not much return. Maybe when I'm old af and merits are going to be sooo hard to get.)
Honestly the worst feature for me is the 1 second delay thanks to Pops scripting cheating ways- fact that he was the reason for multiple nerfs from exploits on mugging yet there was no actual repercussions from staff was kinda expected but embarrassing.
Med CD isn't a huge problem imho, but if you want fast paced action then it shouldn't be even implemented in the first place whether its warring, chaining, or events such as Elimination, Dog tags and Halloween.
But yeah even last yr it was kinda stale but this yr is clearly a lot worse, this is what happens when you have a lack of interest from the main players of TC. Priorities from ched is a mess. If ranked warring sucks ass, would love to see the drop of subscribers and tbh could potentially kill the game to solely flower running nubs and no wars at all.
manic[1554958] · #13
To be brutally honest I joined but I can't see doing much as I'm after the hunting & 365 merit.
I will hit when I'm not traveling, but it's not my main priority as I've all the merits.
As IBF stated, it is stale. Let's be honest... For those with all the merits what's really the point?
Look I know you wanted me to join you this year, but trying to throw up depressing statistics to make me feel bad is just going too far buddy. TOO FAR.
I can't speak for others, but I've signed up for the last three years running each with diminishing efforts made.
Romantics in 2018 I put a lot of hits and it helped me rekindle my love for the game and come to competitive activity levels. Got my 5% merit. Lumberjacks in 2019 was peak enjoyment, although made less hits than my previous year. Won and obtained the rest of the merits. Seal team 6 I wanted to enjoy, but just didn't, no real reason, probably just burnt out with elim at that point.
So I just didn't sign up this year. Time for me to give it a miss and focus on stats. That and I intend on going hard on Halloweek.
Along with what others have said above, I'm assuming a lot of the reason for the relatively low turnout is simply a lack of incentive to participate... after all... A sizeable portion of the playerbase is literally competing for 2 more hairstyles.
I can only speak for myself, but working on my Halloween Trick or Treat basket has me a lot more excited.
Once you have got the merits there isn't any insensitive to join because for people who are fresh to the game its just a month of being in the hospital and trolling.. Unless you have played for 5+ years already there isn't much hope for someone with little stats
Need something for the little guys maybe and let the old people complain about how torn used to be..
Can only see Halloween getting more popular as more and more people unlock better rewards from upgraded baskets and therefore would rather save E to go hard over that week than to do elim