Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stuck on "Checking browser" page

Started by White_Cowboy [865555] Reporter on in Bugs & Issues.

58 replies · 790 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
59
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
51 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

FSOL [1461009] ×1

White_Cowboy [865555] Reporter
Me and my friend FSOL [1461009] are on holiday together. In order to be able to play Torn in another country, we use a Mifi with a local simcard.
As of this morning we are both stuck on the page that is checking the browser. it keeps checking and checking...

We use Telekom.hu as provider.
All our other internet usage goes as normal. Only Torn seems to be stuck ?

Please help!!

Mega_Mindy & FSOL

Mentions: FSOL [1461009]

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
How were you able to post the report in that case?

Are you using any VPN service?
White_Cowboy [865555] Reporter
No.. this is my regular phone...

My laptop and FSOL's Tablet are using the router/mifi

Ton on my phone works just fine, like it has done in the past few years... I just prefer to use my laptop.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I have been informed that this is happening due to an ongoing DDoS attack on Torn, CloudFlare checks are on high alert. I can suggest you to try using a stable VPN for the time being and see if it helps.

I will refer this to Joe for further comment.

Thanks..!!
3MPATHY [2403417]
Got the same issue since morning. I can't access torn app or even Torn PFA app on my phone. At the moment using Chrome browser to access the game but it too takes some time.
White_Cowboy [865555] Reporter
@cloudjumper: The router has a solid IP-adress. ending in 100. every device that logs on gets it's own IP ending in 101, 102 etc.

I don't know where to get a "stable" VPN.
Would it be possible to clear our IP-adress as safe?
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
CloudFlare have asked us to share the associated HAR file from the affected users to troubleshoot the problem. Since this is only affecting a handful of players, we have to ask you to create the said file. It is super simple.

1) Navigate to Torn page where the CloudFlare check is getting stuck on the "Checking your browser" message.

2) In Chrome/Edge/Firefox, click Ctrl+Shift+I to open Developer tools, and go to Network tab in the panel that opens up, as shown in the screenshot and click on Export HAR file:

[image: i.imgur.com]

For Firefox:

[image: i.imgur.com]

3) You can send the exported file to me on Discord (CJ#0633), or open up a chat with me in game if you have further questions.

You can find additional information on the CloudFlare website here.

Thanks..!!
Cindy_witch [2579279]
I had same issue yesterday for one hour the browser checking page refreshed continuously . I use home wifi and Kiwi browser. Got fixed some time after.. This was second time this bug happening to me
Bobogoobo [2618206]
I haven't been able to get in with the phone app for three days with this issue. But phone browser and PC I can get in immediately. So I'm not sure if I can get to that file from the app.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
It is only possible to obtain this on desktop browsers, from what I know. We have received two sets of files from the OP and have forwarded them to Cloudflare team for checking into.
3MPATHY [2403417]
I am using phone app. Not possible to get the file. I are able to bypass the problem using Chrome browser on my phone but if you say "handful of players experience this problem" not sure if you know those who are stack for days and can't even use browsers. Remember the official TORN app is also inaccessible sores are locked out probably.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Cloudflare has asked for third log file with Preserve Logs option ticked, which we have provided them. We are waiting to hear back from the Cloudflare team.

Thanks!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
How're things looking now? We've been working with Cloudflare to investigate this, there's a chance it could now be resolved.
White_Cowboy [865555] Reporter
I just switched my phone from it's normal network to our wifi network. No changes at all.
I'm still stuck on the "checking your browser" page

FSOL just checked his tablet. Same there... no change at all.
Bobogoobo [2618206]
It's been worse for me this week. I can't get in on my phone unless I use Chrome with "Desktop site" checked. I haven't tried waiting an extended period of time on the "wait 5 seconds" page that keeps reloading to see if it eventually works, though. Desktop still works normally.
Quantum_Physics [1926345]
Ive been having the same issue for 3 days now when using my home wifi. The wifi router uses a local sim card and ive tried using another router with the sim card just to end up with the same issue.

The browser im using on mobile is Kiwi browser. Ive tried chrome and even the torn app bt the result s still the same.

The only way i can log in is by having my gf hotspot me from her phone with her mobile data activated.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I don't suppose anyone facing the issue can answer these questions?

1. What exact URL are you trying to access?
2. What is the current date and time in TCT that the issue is occurring?
3. Are your browser's cookies enabled?
4. Is your browser's javascript enabled?
5. Do you have any browser extentions/plugins that might be alerting the requests/cookies?

If any of you are happy to generate a HAR file for us that Cloudflare can use to debug this issue, please let us know. We can work with you to achieve that.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Thank you for providing the HAR file by the way. Would you mind confirming the above please?
Cloudflare are now telling me that they suspect your browser's cookies are disabled.
White_Cowboy [865555] Reporter
Torn cookies are allowed, have always been.

Yesterday we made a wifi hotspot, using the same simcard, but an old telephone instead of our router.

We both had internet and torn instantly. I didn't change any of my settings on my laptop and cloudflare was not an obstacle.

So imho I think that cloudflare sees our router as a threat and keeps blocking our router and whoever is connected to it.
Quantum_Physics [1926345]
I just logged in using my home wifi again... and shockingly it went through... does tht mean cloudflare fixed the problem? Well in the meantime lets torn baby!!