Who is your favorite? What titles would you recommend by them?
I recently binged on Lawrence Sanders. Definitely explores the “secret, in the shadows, darker” side of people and their vices.
Patricia Highsmith. Greatest thriller writer that ever lived.
Author of The Talented Mr. Ripley huh?
Yep. "A Tremor of Forgery" is her most underrated.
Recently I've been getting into Don Winslow. I just finished the cartel trilogy, and now i'm reading the force.
Milan Kundera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez are my fav. Not recent ones though.
John Grisham for his legal thrillers. Though, if I was feeling a bit more fantastical, Rick Riordan
Dan Brown, you've most likely heard of The Davinci Code or Angels and Demons but I like all his books.
ngl i loved deception point soo much
i swear i read that book twice and still felt the chills
that book should've been made a movie i tell u
If you like Marquez, I highly recommend Steinbeck's "Pastures of Heaven". It was an early work and has that magic realism that Marquez does so well. (BTW, "Handsomest Drowned Man" is my favourite Marquez).
Yeah that's one of my favorite ones, it'd definitely make a good film.
I’ve read a couple John Grisham, enjoyed them!
Man's search for meaning by Viktor Frankl
21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari, almost all of Harari's books are great
Jay Kristoff is fantastic. His recent Empire of the Vampire book is excellent! He’s on a mission to make vampires scary and villainous again and I’m here for it!
Top Favorites would have to be Michael Crichton and Stephen King, based solely on how many of their books I have read.
Juliet Marillier <3 I own all of her books.
I’ve been a Robin Cook fan since I was 10. Richard Preston is good too (non-fiction though).
Harry turtledove
My all time favourite is Jane Austen, I guess my suggestion really depends on what type of books you like, but needless to say Pride and Prejudice and Emma are must reads. Louisa May Alcott is also a fabulous author, I'd recommend you reading Little Women, Little Men, Jo's Boys and Eight Cousins.
If you're interested in books that cover examinations of class, you will definitely like North and South, and as for other "vintage" books I'd recommend to read Jane Eyre as well :)
Neil Gaiman. His compilation of short stories are a good read imo. I have a copy of his book Fragile Things which I used to bring wherever I go and read during commutes. I haven't read Coraline and Stardust (only watched the movies) but I adore the storylines for both.