Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Love is not love, without a violin playing GOAT

Started by SpeedSkateR [10106] on in General Discussion.

86 replies · 3.5k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 87 / 87 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
87
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

SpeedSkateR [10106]
Wow. What a ride. When I first joined this team, it was so quiet. There was no fighting, no bickering. I thought it was too good to be true. And then we face almost immediate adversity with several teams pinning us down. That first attempt at pushing was magical. Everyone just instantly got it and as we kept pushing passed, it was clear that we had a hell of a good team. It was the morale boost our team needed right from the beginning.

So many special thanks to go out so I apologize in advance if I miss anyone.

Aaassh – breaking out the spreadsheets immediately for supply requests, pulling revive data, and just overall being a major confidant to me. Good people and glad to have a friendly face on the team.

CarlosTheDwarf & LDP – apart from the enormous amount of effort you put into the team, I appreciate you letting me pull you into a chat late on the 19th for the purpose of ranting so that my frustration wouldn’t leak onto the team. I knew from the beginning that morale was one of the most important factors and I was struggling to hold it together. Carlos also saved me from getting trapped by the same level holders more than once. Even let me DM him links so the team didn’t know how much of a noob I was. LDP also sending out a record amount of emails in a very short time.

ThtAstronautGuy – immediately jumping in and getting the discord channel up and running and essentially adding request after request.

Comms helpers/callers/bankers: Carlos, sofa_homer, meisme123,Aquariuz, Ata, breezymyneezy, comrade_Joe, et3rnalPWNR, Goiabada, Hogfather,J-D, LDP, Phillip_J_Fry, PPrincess, Primefun, Savit, Silveruk, Statikusgreek, -Yeti, Proxima

Thank you to all of the donators and top hitters that contributed to the effort!

Recognition for other teams:
Superior-: thank you for the competition that you created yourself. I enjoyed the banter even though I never agreed to anything.
Zuni: for the tunes and laughs
Hemi: I appreciated the conversation we had last week. Glad to have another person in leadership getting smacked by level holders.
Jello/Lilith/Bones/Mucho: I loved chilling on voice with you the day before we all knew things were going to change rather quickly.
**And Lilith again for checking in on me today.

Shout out to VS for setting the record for quickest elimination. A shame Monarch had to rig that competition from some other well deserving 12th place team.

And lastly, thanks to Nova. Feel free to form your own conclusions based on what you have seen in the forums. I'm personally not here for that. He was good to his team internally and his strategy was solid. I did learn a lot as a new elim leader with only two years of elim experience. I could of scolded him many times or flipped the team as he slept, but I choose to keep the cohesiveness of our team and I will live by that decision.

The final send off:

[image: iili.io][image: iili.io]

I’m choosing to keep this positive as I am now pressing 500 words. So thanks again, love most of you, and see you next year!

P.S. as someone who has now gotten 4th two years in a row and doesn't have the top 3 merit, I think 2nd or 3rd would feel much better but I am glad we took our shot.
ChenJH [2648502]
GOAT FOREVER

This was an amazing team, was a great experience for my first elims.

Shoutout to leaders, comms team and all members for making such a great effort <3
ZAYN [1181209]
Love you all GOATS! Well fought!

And that tick at the end, loves it!

Proud to be a GOAT this year and appreciate Nova's and SSR's leadership and everyone who helps manage the team and calling pushes.
Beerstein [1322136]
[image: media3.giphy.com]

P.S. as someone who has now gotten 4th two years in a row and doesn't have the top 3 merit, I think 2nd or 3rd would feel much better but I am glad we took our shot.



Nah, cause in 5 years still lacking #1 merit you'd be like "WTF was I thinking not going for it?" #1 or bust.
CarlosTheDwarf [2103309]
Love all you GOATS - would be proud and happy to fight alongside you again. Thanks to everyone for an amazing Elimination. See you all next year!
he77789 [2516908]
One day a GOAT, forever a GOAT.

It's the final tick now, I feel the best song at this moment is Europe's The Final Countdown: https://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw

Bah bah for now, but we will definitely meet again soon. It's been a huge pleasure fighting dying, laughing with you all.
WaywardSquid [2330087] Officer Officer
What a team, let me tell you. Thank you Goats for never giving up, for keeping it fun, for throwing everything you had into this, and for a lot of laughs.
LDP [1580562]
Your team G.O.A.T has been eliminated from the competition, finishing in 4th place with a score of 0.
Great efforts everybody involved. Happy to finish in #2 spot with 1020 attacks.

SpeedSkateR I can not thank you enough for your efforts throughout this journey, been an absolute rock despite going through some tough RL stuff. Whilst you weren't initially voted into a Leadership role, you sure did better than anyone could have asked for. Unsung hero.

To all the council, comms/pushers & suppliers - you rock. We formed a strong, trusting team very quickly and done hell of a job distributing supplies, mails, orders and most of all - a positive experience for everyone involved.

Until next year,
[image: i.chzbgr.com]
Beerstein [1322136]
I think it was more a matter of controlling an alliance. Doesn't matter when you flipped. If Illuminati dropped and you didn't control the game, you dropped next, neither decision woulda went well, it was go for 1st or be a bitch. All politics in the end though, and people in Torn historically always bend the knee to the top team which is why so many were calling for super early targeting of Illuminati.

I think a lot underestimate just how hard it is to actually take down a top team, it takes more than having more total numbers so as stacked teams crawl past the 1st few rounds taking them down becomes very unlikely if they don't give up. Anyway grats, kudos for trying to get 1st.

I guess in the end Dongs did to you what you did to everyone else.