My original 4 picks were Illuminati, Dong, Snowflake, and G.O.A.T. even seeing how things played out I have no regrets picking G.O.A.T
Love is not love, without a violin playing GOAT
Started by SpeedSkateR [10106] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 87 / 87 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
<3
Elimination is always fun and it's a great way to get to meet new people. The GOATS chat was great and activity was awesome.
That being said we literally took the worst place in Elims.... 4th >.<
Played out like I thought it would =/
That being said we literally took the worst place in Elims.... 4th >.<
Played out like I thought it would =/
She was an awesome leader! mucho amor, fam!
Long live the BAAAA !
Here’s my two cents from GOAT helper, if anyone wants to read it.
Being in my first Eliminations, to say that I was confused with electing a leader would be an understatement. In the first few hours there were nominations under way already and after some 12h we already had to vote. I had zero knowledge about any candidate - the only candidate I knew from the forums (Proxima) excluded himself from nomination but only after a day or so when 99% of people actually nominated him for the leading role so that was an early shock.
Elected leaders were Nova, whom I only knew as having a bad rep from the forums, and SpeedSkateR as a mugger. She mugged me once before and I put her on my enemy list. Since I am not a grudge type of guy, I said I’ll make my own opinion of them.
From the get go it was clear to me that Nova knew what he was doing and SS was there to execute the plan. Aaash and ThtAstronautGuy were also well versed in setting up the team so they seemed like a well oiled machine.
To my surprise, given the flurry of shitposting, bickering and internal struggling all publicly displayed in the forums, the leading that Nova & SS took made a lot of sense to most of the people in GOAT and there was next to none objections on the orders, nor dissidents nor any big internal squabble. Which in itself is an unbelievable feat, especially for Torn.
From my standpoint, Nova has always had a clear vision of where he wanted us to go. For a few days I wondered whether he was fine settling for 2nd as we were allied with ILU but as the time went by it was obvious we weren’t going to settle for anything less than 1st and that was a relief. In fact, I think there were almost no objections to orders issued for the simple fact they were logical. If the team feels the path is the right one, there’s no need for persuasion.
It was very thrilling and rewarding to see us manage to get to top 4. When it came down to that, ILU was pwnding Short Bus and we were dogging the Dongs, it was almost unreal, the 2nd or even 1st place was almost in reach until SB decided to flip. Even after that, the spirits were high since we knew they were no match for us. So we held our ground and were taking the best out of SB and Dongs. But then, seeing SB was losing too fast, ILU top dogs got engaged and that was it. Ilu were simply too strong, too committed, too many of them, too well stocked with money, revives and scripts:
[image: i.imgur.com]
I am very impressed with the organization and smoothness of the operation. We maybe lacked a scripter like ILU. I believe their page (https://hub.mytorn.gq:3000/onliner) in the end provided a crucial time advantage over us since on a single page they could check all out-of-hosp guys without waiting for Stat Estimate or checking profiles for xana intake etc.
And last but not least, I am most impressed by SpeedSkateR’s passion and will to organize and fight till the end, despite having serious RL stuff, like many others as well, and against all odds.
In any case, it was a pleasure playing with you lot, I hope to see you again somehow in next year’s, hopefully improved, Eliminations.
Ata, formerly known as AtaSmrk
Being in my first Eliminations, to say that I was confused with electing a leader would be an understatement. In the first few hours there were nominations under way already and after some 12h we already had to vote. I had zero knowledge about any candidate - the only candidate I knew from the forums (Proxima) excluded himself from nomination but only after a day or so when 99% of people actually nominated him for the leading role so that was an early shock.
Elected leaders were Nova, whom I only knew as having a bad rep from the forums, and SpeedSkateR as a mugger. She mugged me once before and I put her on my enemy list. Since I am not a grudge type of guy, I said I’ll make my own opinion of them.
From the get go it was clear to me that Nova knew what he was doing and SS was there to execute the plan. Aaash and ThtAstronautGuy were also well versed in setting up the team so they seemed like a well oiled machine.
To my surprise, given the flurry of shitposting, bickering and internal struggling all publicly displayed in the forums, the leading that Nova & SS took made a lot of sense to most of the people in GOAT and there was next to none objections on the orders, nor dissidents nor any big internal squabble. Which in itself is an unbelievable feat, especially for Torn.
From my standpoint, Nova has always had a clear vision of where he wanted us to go. For a few days I wondered whether he was fine settling for 2nd as we were allied with ILU but as the time went by it was obvious we weren’t going to settle for anything less than 1st and that was a relief. In fact, I think there were almost no objections to orders issued for the simple fact they were logical. If the team feels the path is the right one, there’s no need for persuasion.
It was very thrilling and rewarding to see us manage to get to top 4. When it came down to that, ILU was pwnding Short Bus and we were dogging the Dongs, it was almost unreal, the 2nd or even 1st place was almost in reach until SB decided to flip. Even after that, the spirits were high since we knew they were no match for us. So we held our ground and were taking the best out of SB and Dongs. But then, seeing SB was losing too fast, ILU top dogs got engaged and that was it. Ilu were simply too strong, too committed, too many of them, too well stocked with money, revives and scripts:
[image: i.imgur.com]
I am very impressed with the organization and smoothness of the operation. We maybe lacked a scripter like ILU. I believe their page (https://hub.mytorn.gq:3000/onliner) in the end provided a crucial time advantage over us since on a single page they could check all out-of-hosp guys without waiting for Stat Estimate or checking profiles for xana intake etc.
And last but not least, I am most impressed by SpeedSkateR’s passion and will to organize and fight till the end, despite having serious RL stuff, like many others as well, and against all odds.
In any case, it was a pleasure playing with you lot, I hope to see you again somehow in next year’s, hopefully improved, Eliminations.
Ata, formerly known as AtaSmrk
I had my worries about how well we’d get along based off our previous interaction, but all fears were quickly set aside. You were an intricate help to our team and fun to work with! And you did a beautiful job here describing the team. I can only hope to be so lucky to be apart of team like this in future eliminations.