Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

the end of an journey

Started by DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee on in General Discussion.

72 replies · 5.96k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 73 / 73 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
73
Discussion span
→
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
50 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
Almost an entire year ago, I decided that the codebase of TornTools could use a refresher. I never expected it to take 360 days before release. At first I said 3 months, then 6, then 9 and at the end I was fine with anything under a year. A lot of my free time went into it, too much even. I'm happy with the result, even though it was incredibly exhausting.

But I've decided that it's been enough. I require something new, a new project. That's also why I'm here, to ask what the community wants. All suggestions are welcome, but that's also what they are, suggestions. Nothing is guaranteed. Suggestions for TT in here will be ignored.

TT v6 has now been released and will be available to everyone once the extension stores accept it.TLDR; TT v6 is out, I'm looking for a new project

Mentions: TornTools

twerkalator [2080083]
no suggestions from me, just an extremely sincere thank you for all of the time, effort and money that you and your team have put into this script. i'm sure that for the vast majority of us who use it, it would be impossible to go back to playing the game without it. frankly, i'm not sure there is a combination of words that is worthy enough to describe the impact it's had on the game for so many of us. so once again, thank you all for your hard work!
Capel [1862198]
Your extension is a great tool and I think that you can improve on what a fedded player done and that is would be something similar to fr00t's TAC. It was a great tool for helping with chaining for the best respect gains. It would be an ambitious project but definitely one the community would love. Just without the issues from his use of our API keys.
Archer [2172225]
TT is an amazing tool, one that many have come to rely on, thank you for all you've done with it.

An idea for a future project would be a user friendly script for gains calculation and booster cost efficiency calculation that takes the info for your current additional gym gains etc from API and can accurately tell you switchover points from cans/SE's etc. Perhaps a collaboration with Vladar and his calculator (which I, as a simpleton, still cannot wrap my head around using effectively).
Caio [2488372]
Nce o.o hope it reaches on chrome store soon ™
tested the zip from the github, looks amazing!
good luck at future projects!
Capel [1862198]
There's a stock part to the extension and you can set up for TornTools to alert you when they hit certain points where you want to buy or sell. The catch is you must hold onto at least one unit of the stock for it to show up in TornTools.
Naytt [2540102]
my suggestion would be better integration to the stock market. We need a way to track our trades automatically.

Could you build something which logs all our trades, calculates profit per trade, total profit etc? let me know if you need more info but this is something i've been craving for a while

btw, big fan of TT, thank you for all your work there.
Kasto [2151656]
Thank you for everything that you have done. You improved the experience of all the users of TT.

As mentioned above I think currently there is a gap from TAC. I would love to have the same capabilities as I had with TAC to maximize the respect I was getting.

Thanks
Kalisa [2014200]
I concur with a lot of what has been said here.

Big thanks for TT - that's incredibly helpful.

The stock market needs a good tool for managing it. The ability to name/tag blocks of stocks, the ability to have portfolios, etc.

People want to hold both blocks as well as play day trading. We need tools to facilitate both. SBBs need to be separated from day trading, and daily profit/loss, percent changes, etc., need to be logged. I've half-assed this using the API and google sheets, but it would be awesome to see someone do this well.

I'd love to be able to create named indexes of stocks, and look at the performance individually and in aggregate. Add some blocks of stocks to it, while keeping others associated with a different structure/index. Then I could have the folder/index of "SBBs, don't ever trade these away", "SBBs, trade if they go up enough to make it worthwhile", "day trading stocks", etc.