Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave

Started by Gas [2375993] on in Animals & Nature.

4 replies · 91 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
7 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
Lalop [2150517]
It may be good to try socializing them with other dogs independently in a very controlled environment. It doesn't sound like the staffy is reactive on their own, just backing up the husky, but you can't know unless they're separated first. It might be something to do with them being together, it might be something to do with you, it might be because one particular dog or both are just poorly socialized. They may not be getting enough exercise, or if they're intact males, may be frustrated. Huskies and terrier breeds need an enormous amount of physical and mental stimulation. It also might only happen on a leash, if that is the case-- some dogs are much more reactive on a lead. The first step is figuring out which it is. :) I hope this helps!

Edit: I've walked and petsit dogs for a living, have been a vet assistant, and I love teaching tricks, but I am not a certified trainer
AriettyClock [2683621]
I don't know if this is available for dogs, but some years ago I had a cat who used to randomly attack people out of the blue. The vet gave him a long-term injection that lasted for about a year and it really calmed him down and stopped his aggressive behaviour. We only had to repeat it once. Apparently it gives them a chance to form new habits. I don't know as I say, if this is available for dogs but it's worth having a chat to your vet.