So I recently switched factions and my item cap went to 15. I swore I owned a large Suitcase but I wasn't sure because I hadn't seen it in my inventory.
So I went and bought one today but a medium Suitcase appeared in my inventory instead, but my item cap is still 15.
So I figured there's a few possible reasons for this. First maybe it maybe the base carrying cap is 5 (but I don't remember it being that low) and I've always had a large Suitcase equipped like I thought.
Second, the game glitched after I bought it and gave me a medium Suitcase instead for 11m.
Third, maybe the suitcase automatically replaces the one you have? But this one's seems a little far fetched since torn doesn't do that for any other item.
Any advice or should I just buy a new one?
Whatever the largest size in your inventory will be the the one suitcase used regardless of how many you have.
And if you're claiming the game glitched and gave you the wrong thing, then you need to file a bug report in the bugs and issues section of the forum, though I highly doubt that's what happen. Lots of con artists load their bazaars in a way to prey on people who don't pay attention when buying ie: marking boxes of grenades as DP prices, medium suitcase at large suitcase prices, Vicodin at xanax prices because they have a similar looking icon. Lots of people fall victim to it. Always double check when buying.
If you found a trouble with that just post at the bug and issue forum.
Check your log to see what you actually bought.
https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=log
You can filter the log to show purchases.
There you will be able to see the items and whether or not there is a glitch or if you purchased something other than a large suitcase.
There are some sellers who trick people into buying medium suitcases from their bazaar when they intended to buy large suitcases. Maybe this is what happened to you.
The base carry items is 5.
Edit to expand: So your base carry is 5, then you have the extra 10 from private island. 15. The extra carry items from your faction will kick in when your recruit status ends, 3 days after joining.
As for the suitcase. a medium is 3 extra items, large is 4. Either way should be more than 15. Out of curiosity, did you buy the suitcase and immediately try to buy the extra items, or was it still 15 on the next flight?
I saw this when I bought my large suitcase. It was 100k cheaper than the next listing so I open his Bazaar and at the top of the page was a medium suitcase for the same exact price, way way low (under hundreds of hammers and shit) was a large suitcase. I thought about dropping some bounties for the attempt but decided it wasn't worth gaining an enemy.
You didnt buy a large suitcase ...
You speed clicked like a rabid field mouse full of coffee and didnt actually look at what you was buying from a bazaar.
A healthy field mouse should always wear spectacles when playing this game and push them firmly up to the bridge of your nose when you are buying from bazaars.
Just a word of general advice when purchasing items on bazaars that are frequently used as scam bait, such as xanax/vicodin, box of grenades/donator pack, large suitcase/medium suitcase, etc.: use the search function at the top of the bazaar list. Search the name of the item you are looking for to avoid falling into the trap of accidentally buying the wrong thing. It will take you to the item directly in their list of things for sale. Also helpful when having to wade through 100 individual hammers or pieces of armor.
I bought the suitcase and went to equip it but found a medium one instead. So I didn't equip the medium and went to travel (items were still 15 obviously)
So I'm gonna listen to the advice given by everyone here and check my logs to see if I actually bought a medium instead of Large. Even though I swear that I checked to make sure the item said "Large Suitcase"
Well I appreciate the assumption butI didn't click like a rabid field mouse. When I go to buy something, I search the item and I check out every option available before chosing one. Then I check out the items in the bazaar and go from there.
But much thank you, I'll make sure to wear my spectacles more properly next time :)
You cannot equip a suitcase so I'm not sure what you were trying to do, or how.
You have search option to search your items, it's fairly easy to see what suitcases you have, I'm kind of confused you still did not confirm here do you have large suitcase or not.
Last but not least, wiki is your friend, always:
https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Travel#Carrying_Items
That message was from 7 days ago, why didn't you check your logs before responding?
The thing is, as stated above, you don't equip suitcases. so if it's in your inventory, then you get the extra travel items. So if you bought any of the suitcases at all, then your carry items should've been more than 15.
You're right it was from 7 days ago. I don't always remember to check on my updates because I forget about the forums I post. I'm still learning Torn even though I've been playing it for awhile now. You gave me advice and I responded with a thank you for the response and tips. I didn't know you could check your logs, now I do. So thanks
I thought you equipped them because even though I had the medium Suitcase, my item capacity was still 15 like it was before I bought any suitcase. My bad for being confused, I'll make sure to read the wiki for now on instead of asking the players.