Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging Scripts? Are they real?

Started by SurferH2O [42164] on in Questions & Answers.

105 replies · 3.4k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 106 / 106 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
106
Discussion span
→
Authority score
68 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

wicked [456979] ×1 MightyGoober [812478] ×1 KXK [2200016] ×1

SurferH2O [42164]
I am asking this question because of a recent experience. I've had $2B+ sitting in the Cayman's for a few years. When I first went to deposit it, I got mugged immediately upon landing and lost a good amount and that sucked. I contacted the staff to ask how anyone could mug me upon landing faster than I could deposit it. I was tracking the whole travel. I was basically told too bad. O.K. - those are the rules, but wow... how did they do that faster than I could deposit it.

So.... today... years later... I decide to go to the Caymans and withdraw it. I landed at the Caymans hours ago and I sat there as in the real world I was busy. When I came online with Torn, all was cool, no mug. I withdrew the money and immediately went to Torn. I set a timer on my phone so that I would be online when I landed.

My timer went off. I watched the landing countdown and immediately went to the Stock Market and bought the stock I had targeted for well over $2B. It took me about 2 seconds to pull this off. On the 3rd second after my landing I got double teamed and mugged for.... under $40. Thank goodness I was so diligent and tried to work fast.

How is it possible for not one, but two players to know exactly when I was landing and mug me so fast? Is there a way other than a script? This seems like players are exploiting, but perhaps someone can educate me differently?

Anyways, I am relieved it went my way, but wondering how many others are getting nailed like this? It seems like an exploit. People should be able to at least land and deposit. Why can't people have at least a minute? or half minute? or 10 seconds? or 5 seconds? Something?

It should not be a race of who has the fastest system and internet. Fortunately, I am in SoCal with 400 down and 80 up speeds. Not everyone is moving that fast.
Grumpster [2678266]
Story is bullshit, because you can’t be attacked within 15 seconds of landing in another country or back in Torn.

Either that, or you have a serious time perception issue.
SurferH2O [42164]
It's not bullshit... it just happened.


... and I was hit by two muggers.


So... if it's not supposed to be possible, should I report it? I'm not big into that, but this seems a bit extreme.
dunmugmeh [538353]
Buffoons do use scripts to cheat or get a unfair advantage more or less the same thing. But honest players will also be watching for good candidates to mug ie they will note you are traveling to caymans or from the caymans and lie in wait for you ...

Training a lot is the main way to thwart them. If they think you are a field mouse you will be at high risk of being mugged traveling to/from the caymans.
Kaladin [2712913]
It feels that way. Sometimes I go a day plus without a mug then mere seconds after winning a huge hand in blackjack and sitting on tens of millions I get mugged before depositing it into points or a stock. It's like they instantly know when I get money on hand.
JackKelly [2271177]
Could you post your logs of when you got attacked and when you caught your flight?



Edit to expand; To answer your question, yes there are legal mugging scripts, many of them. It would surprise me if every hof faction didn't have one. The one I've seen will track peoples flight time. From there they would just have to get a spy report on you that would show your money on hand. The 15 second safety window, when arriving anywhere, was implemented to give everyone a fair chance to avoid these scripts.
SporkMonkey [2065017]
I am going to call shenanigans without seeing some logs that show your landing time comparative to the mug time. You had minimum 15 full seconds to do something with it. My guess is you weren't on top of the time like you claim. Like it or not, but the system gives you 15 seconds.
Hasnain_Zoom [2667754]
Seems the first part of the story is before the time the 15 second grace period was implemented, and the second part (2 guys attacking) is when he landed back in torn so there would be no grace period.
Grumpster [2678266]
There is 15s protection when landing in Torn, or when landing abroad. You’re wrong. OP is wrong. OP is angry because they were *nearly* too slow and didn’t get mugged? You had 15 seconds. What next? Make it 30!!! Pops will go insane


EDIT: I’m fkin physic how did I predict it was pops
SurferH2O [42164]
FLIGHT -> 16:53:15 - 17/10/21 You boarded a 0h 25m personal flight from Cayman Islands to Torn


MUG -> https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=9fa16b1458ac8c41c7fe214645a45460

Here is a screen shot... just so everyone knows I am not just making crap up. I wish it was down to the second.


[image: i.ibb.co]
Grumpster [2678266]
  • Wicked joined the fight against SurferH2O17:18:30
  • Pops initiated an attack against SurferH2O17:18:30
Pops got you EXACTLY 15s after you landed. Like I said, you have time perception issues.
SpeedSkateR [10106]
Fight happened 15 seconds after you landed so fully legit. It's quite easy to sit in someone's attack page and refresh until the 15 second timer starts. The length of flight is known so it's pretty easy to predict landing even without legal travel scripts (which there are some).