Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Ranked Warring: New Armor / Weapons coming soon?

Started by -Aero- [1966363] on in General Discussion.

14 replies · 514 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
26
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

-Aero- [1966363]
Ched made the following statement within this post within this thread:

"Ranked Warring has its own rewards system, I'd say the most interesting and unique rewards Torn's ever seen, the culmination of many years of work : Weapon & Armor caches."

A few years back (I think it was roughly 4+ years ago) someone made a post revealing new sets of armor had been added to the database. This post included pictures of the armor (it may have even briefly had links to the Torn pages showing each item; I can't really say that definitively though). I haven't seen much said about this since that post was made. And I'm uncertain if the thread still exists (I could be wrong, but I thought people said it had been deleted).

These armor sets, if I recall correctly, had unique attributes applied to them. I think there were four sets shown. But the only one I seem to recall is a set known as "Riot Gear." The unique attributes were things such as a boost given to your speed and / or dexterity, but it came at the expense of a lesser degree of protection when hit. In contrast, another set might have the highest level of protection when worn, but it came at the expense of lowering your speed and / or dexterity. I don't recall any info pertaining to new weapons being presented.

I'm wondering if anyone else recalls this. I'm also wondering if people in general, given what Ched stated above, are expecting these Armor & Weapon caches to contain new items (as opposed to multiple pieces of armor or weapons which already exist).

Are you guys excited by this prospect? In addition to that, if these caches are to introduce new items into the game, are you concerned about them being introduced through the method of prizes related to ranked warring?

Mentions: Get rid of rackets completely - it's a failure.

Orb [2434389]
All i can say, i really hope that the prices and quantity will be reasonable. I hope everyone will be able to get them and with average drop rates, no matter you are top R faction or 1mil R faction.
Unlucky [2472585]
How does the community feel about if these items were Bound on pickup? Could be a way to stop the uber rich immediately becoming the owners
-Aero- [1966363]
Thanks Phantom!

I actually don’t think that was the one I recalled. But it is possible. For some reason I thought the user MarlonBrando may have posted the one I remembered (can’t say for certain it was him though). But that thread of yours is just as good. It shows the armor sets I remember.

The thread I recalled, someone said they had a way of checking for any new items, or Torn pages, or something like that when they happened to see pages were made displaying the items you have shown in that thread (maybe it was you all along).

But yeah, I’m somewhat surprised there hasn’t been much discussion regarding those armor sets or the weapon caches CloudJumper linked to. And I’m also curious if people have any concerns about those caches being introduced via prizes for ranked warring.