Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Does anyone know this guy?

Started by Maerrduke [2145154] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 646 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
37
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

sharkeyfive [1151690] ×1

Maerrduke [2145154]
https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1151690



Does anyone know this guy? He continuously bounties me for no reason at all, is significantly over-leveled compared to me, and whenever I try to message him to stop I get a message saying “Player is banned. Unable to send message.”


What does that even mean? That he’s banned from receiving messages or that I’m banned from sending him messages? Either way, I’m tired of him putting bounties on me.

Mentions: sharkeyfive [1151690]

Private_Joker [2488283]
I hope you will delete this thread ASAP, or you will get more bounties from generous Torn community.
He says in his profile, that he is "chat banned" so option 1)
Just ignore it. Train your BS and it will require higher bounties to make someone attack you. If bounties get very high, you can ask your factionmates to claim them. He lose cash, you lose almost nothing.
You are not bountied atm, so thats not perma bounth wall
HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official
*after seeing this post*

You done messed up A-Aron


Real answer though as this is in QnA, is that this players is a well known player who holds a pile of different records in the bounty realm. Interacting with them or pushing his buttons will only make it worse. You can work in a company that gives you immunity to bounties if it becomes a large enough problem for you but I would just recommend that you wait out the hosp timer and just come out when you need to do something like train or fly.

The hospital in Torn is not a bad thing per say and is only of the last safe places left in the game for traders.
Herodotus [1670169]
Only one enemy, but you've pissed off precisely the wrong person.

Get this thread graved. Ignore it as best you can. There's a thread in Tutorials and Guides- "How to survive the bounty tsunami ".
Maerrduke [2145154]
I say, I’m cool with that. No reason to grave, no reason to hide. I said what I said, because I’m just a yung man tryna vibe.
dunmugmeh [538353]
I know sharkey and we have talked about this in mails in the past.

He does have a 'scattergun' approach to bounties. Ie his enemy wont be the only 1 getting bountied it will be other players in his company/faction as well.

I like a lot of what he does, bountying rabid field mice is a good measure to take. But im not in favour of bountying 'everyone' else as well.

Some rabid field mice think its a good idea to engage in verbal fisticuffs with sharkey. Thats never going to be a good idea, just leave it and change how you play the game.

I think sharkey has been mail/chat/forum banned due to past verbal fisticuffs but maybe not all 3 of those, i know hes forum banned for sure.

I think its pointless how he even gives the time of day to a lot of the rabid field mice, but he does go after the right ones as well ie the cheaters, scammers etc.

The little rabid field mice who are never going to make it in the game i think its pretty pointless how he bounties them.
dunmugmeh [538353]
Yes you are right.

He is actually reasonable when you talk with him.

Its just always been his thing to crush rabid field mice. He does go for a LOT of the right targets as well ie the scumbags. But with his scattergun approach he often bounties players who literally arent worth bountying ...

Little helpless field mice who will 'always' be useless. Bountying them is pointless.