I made an attack to keep our chain going, and as I remember it, this is what happened: I finish the target off, and am faced with the "leave/mug/hosp" menu, and move to a different tab to autoleave. I then, thirty seconds or so later, notice the chain is still ticking down, and at less than 20s. I return to the page where there previously was a leave/mug/hosp menu, and find the fight now ongoing with the target at extremely low health. I panickedly chainsaw the guy dead again and hit leave -- with only a few seconds left on the timer -- but nothing happens and the chain dies.
About five minutes later, I go to the page of the guy I thought I had hit too late, and he is not in hospital. (Despite being inactive for years.) I hit him again, and this time he is hospitalised like normal.
The original attack is seemingly entirely vanished -- it doesn't appear in my personal log at all -- but one of my faction mates did take a screenshot of it:
[image: i.imgur.com]
and said the attack, to him, looked like it just kept going without ever being left/mugged/hosped or me escaping.
Note that the attack log number for this fight is different than the attack log number of the hit that does appear in my log, the one that was successful:
[image: i.imgur.com]
and there's no log entry at all for the first one
[image: i.imgur.com]
I have no idea what happened -- I think it wasn't I who messed up, since an entire attack shouldn't be able to just disappear without trace, right?
About five minutes later, I go to the page of the guy I thought I had hit too late, and he is not in hospital. (Despite being inactive for years.) I hit him again, and this time he is hospitalised like normal.
The original attack is seemingly entirely vanished -- it doesn't appear in my personal log at all -- but one of my faction mates did take a screenshot of it:
[image: i.imgur.com]
and said the attack, to him, looked like it just kept going without ever being left/mugged/hosped or me escaping.
Note that the attack log number for this fight is different than the attack log number of the hit that does appear in my log, the one that was successful:
[image: i.imgur.com]
and there's no log entry at all for the first one
[image: i.imgur.com]
I have no idea what happened -- I think it wasn't I who messed up, since an entire attack shouldn't be able to just disappear without trace, right?