Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Petals??

Started by Elizabeth [2339829] on in General Discussion.

37 replies · 1.32k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 38 / 38 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
38
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Elizabeth [2339829]
Heya all, I've been scrolling around Torn, doing my thing, and I noticed at one point, there was a little overlayed animation just for a brief moment (1 second max) of what appeared to be mostly transparent magenta flower petals (or something) swoosh across my screen then fade away. It's definitely on Torn because it's not happening on any of my other tabs or anything. Perhaps it's Torn Tools or Doctorn, but it's something. I've seen others talk about strange icons from halloween popping up on their screen, but this appears to be different. Anyone else experiencing this??

PS. I'd take a screenshot, but there doesn't appear to be a trigger for it and it happens too quickly for me to catch it. If I do catch a screenshot, I'll post it.

EDIT: Two things to add here. I only have four upgrades on my basket, I See Dead People, Here's Johnny, Doubler, and Tripler. Also here's a mock-up (the arrows are movement):

[image: i.imgur.com]
Muthannnaa [2150016]
Are you using DocTorn? There used to be a ribbon that pops up when you use your mouse on the creators profile. Doesn't sound like that tho..
Aaassh [2546369]
I have definitely seen that pink object floating across the screen briefly.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Thought I was having pink floaters in my eye.
Zugworth [2188900]
Yeah i saw it as well on the left side of my screen, it was there for a brief moment and i almost thought it was a graphical glitch or something
Elizabeth [2339829]
Hmm... It's a different pink for me... Mine is like spot on Magenta (which makes me wonder if it's TornTools because I set my name colour to Magenta)
-Selene- [2295051]
I had something flash by twice!!! asked in chat and everyone ignored me hahaha.. what I see looks like the sticks in the basket upgrades... but transparently red.. and about 1inch tall and wide.. just swoops wherever my curser is and swipes away off screen!! I think it looked like the Shadow of Doubt formation of sticks or Cat in Hell.. Triangular anyway... so fast it is...

Samoiedskaya disliked your post


Methuzelah disliked your post

Was it something I said?

Mentions: Petals??

Vrocks [2577848]
Wow this is interesting, It seems fairly noticeable so I couldn't have missed it if it ever happened on my screen.
Vrocks [2577848]

Was it one of these? They're overlays for purchased upgrades and the purple ones looks like what you're describing. But it still doesn't explain why people are seeing these outside of Basket page.

Also I have mindlessly clicked around for a while now hoping to trigger something lol
Xidus [2689377]
Just saw a red one flash on the top right of my phone, lasted about half a second and was gone, if I hadn’t already read this thread I likely wouldn’t have even noticed it.
TheUltimateSalt [2171375]
Yes, I saw something very similar to this, although I could've sworn it was orange, but it was very quick. Was just going to the city page and it happened
OGColossus [2153592]
How.many people are getting a kind of Mandela Effect now that this has been discussed so often now? I think that maybe I might have possibly seen something too.