Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Karma rating?

Started by Ulung_PL [379891] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 170 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Ulung_PL [379891]
A silly question.
What is karma rating anyway and what happens if it hits 250?
[image: i.ibb.co]

I believe that box used to sit there unnoticed. It's the progress bar that caught my attention. What will happen it it's complete? Will it explode or something like that?
YinGuem [2720714]
When I’m under 10 days, I have a complete green bar :3 but after getting some downvote I become like yours too. I think it’s ur karma upvote/downvote ratio. If I’m wrong pls correct me
fsh [2565962]
The bar is a like/dislike ratio.

Once you hit 250 karma, nothing happens.
Once you hit 1000 karma, you gain access to the VIP forum, in which ched tells you all of torn's secrets nothing happens.
CRLF [2095076]
The green karma rating is roughly the number of "likes" you received in the forums. However, every vote is not counted. For example, a like in faction recruiting does not count.

The red karma rating is the number of dislikes. Likewise, some ratings will not count. For example, someone spamming you with dislikes will not count.

The karma score doesn't do anything. It's an indicator of how much you are contributing to the forums and how well-received those comments are.

There's a 1000-karma forum, but honestly there's not much there. It used to have more content years ago, when few people reached 1000 karma. Now that we have Discord, there's not much point in having it.
SirEdge [2609907]
So it isn't 250 likes that would fill the bar. It would be getting rid of every dislike someone has placed on one of your posts. Without doing so, you'll always have a fragment of red in there.
Hamr [2027992]
Can confirm - it's well worth the effort (CRLF downplays it to keep the riffraff out)

Next up is to ascend to Celebrity forum at 10,000ka

I'm told the secret gym unlocks are mad good