Fun Fact...................
Started by PatBenatar [420347] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Fun fact torn age is 17 and States where the age of consent is 17 (6): Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, New York, and Wyoming.
[image: media.discordapp.net]
[image: media.discordapp.net]
This is quite a cool little fact, and it's certainly close enough where I'd say it's not really an incorrect statement - as others have mentioned there's likely a little bit of wiggle room for things like WoW in terms of official releases as there was likely all kinds of testing and staged releases around the same time or week long events to celebrate.
I was wondering recently what other games had the same kind of longevity as Torn in terms of a singular game that is still being actively developed and playing with a good userbase and I really struggle to think of many, so WoW is a good example there, beyond that it's a real struggle to think of many (maybe habbo if you count that?) and it's a true testament to games that can manage it - especially ones like Torn which aren't backed by AAA studios.
I was wondering recently what other games had the same kind of longevity as Torn in terms of a singular game that is still being actively developed and playing with a good userbase and I really struggle to think of many, so WoW is a good example there, beyond that it's a real struggle to think of many (maybe habbo if you count that?) and it's a true testament to games that can manage it - especially ones like Torn which aren't backed by AAA studios.
Utopia maybe? Not sure if anyone still plays it really but that was around for ages.
Mousehunt
This website has articles on some of the oldest multiplayer games (and other old digital stuff) that's still around today:
https://www.atlasobscura.com/categories/forgotten-digital-wonders
Here's a sample from their site (game launched 2007):
[image: gyazo.com]
https://www.atlasobscura.com/categories/forgotten-digital-wonders
Here's a sample from their site (game launched 2007):
[image: gyazo.com]
You're lying
I will never believe its been this long on torn
just yesterday it was only strength mansions and miniguns were top tier.
I will never believe its been this long on torn
just yesterday it was only strength mansions and miniguns were top tier.