Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Post level 15 boredom

Started by jedikilla [2577226] on in Questions & Answers.

29 replies · 549 views · thread synced · 11 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

-Roland- [2724749]
Have you tried talking to people and shit? I mean, the "gameplay" loop is pretty repetitive alright, but I think this game is all about socials, weird dynamics and interactions... For instance, I was asking to be mugged in Global Chat (because I was holding $21) so I could get the Church Mouse merit, and some guy began sending me small amounts of money so I wouldn't get the f**king thing if someone actually mugged me. Also attacked a guy at 300 stats or so, lost to him, then he mugged me and hospitalized me after I got out; I ended up training so I could whoop his ass, and after a few victories and defeats, we arrived at a truce and called it quits by talking to each other

I don't know, I guess you have to find stuff like that. There are many people in this game, and they're all quite interesting tbh, make some friends or smth
Nika99 [2306783] Moderator Official
Before setting goals in Torn I found it boring. If you want stat growth train your E don’t let it sit full and if you are a drug user 3 Xanax a day. Also points refill E daily. Train what gives you the best gains faction perk wise and gym wise. I set a variety of goals and chase merits at the same time. That way there is always something I’m aiming for. It keeps things fresh. And meeting people and chatting but that’s not for everyone.
Nyx [2236278] Officer Officer
Post level 15 boredom is mostly because there was a stress on getting to level 15 to access another part of the game, flying, which gave it a hype to be active and to reach it.

There are still reasons, ironically for most making enemies in the game is a good incentive to stay around and get stronger to spite them. My first year in eliminations I had a level 90 attack me non-stop because I was in the council of the team and one of my tasks was to message non-hitters to either drop out of the competition or make some hits. I expected some snarky retorts but wasn't expecting for someone to go the next level and hit me for several months straight after the event had ended - it was also in that time which gave me reason to interact with other members I had met during the eliminations, talking about the person and laughing at it with others - even those that weren't in my faction. In that time alone I interacted with people I would have never thought of hitting up after the competition and had a few long term in-game friends on here from various different factions and progress in the game.

Interaction is a good factor of not getting bored here, hence places like the forums and chats existing. Whether it is a negative or positive interaction it is entertainment. The most fun I had was when the level 90 joined a sister faction of mine, and she was still hitting me. She was offered the ultimatum to "Stop hitting me and stay in the faction, or leave the faction and keep hitting me." So she left the faction after saying she would always choose to hit me. It was a HOF faction too, and we found it absolutely hilarious.

The anecdote to this is simple, if you play the game just for the grind it will most likely get boring. But it is a social game, maybe get your hands in trading, or a business, or participate in forums or in the public chatrooms more often. Try and invite yourself to socialise, because people are the most surprising and entertaining aspect of the game.

Of course, you can try merit hunting, graphic design if you're wanting to pick up a new hobby or maybe ask your faction to organise more fun events to enjoy. Christmas Town is also soon approaching, if you're looking for a reason to get some easy money.
CRLF [2095076]
Wow... you two may have a similar routine, but you have very different experiences. Jedikilla has hardly played the game at all, while fuad has been very active.

Here are your activity graphs, along with a third, newer player who is known to be very active:

[image: gyazo.com]

This same trend continues when we look at net worth.

[image: gyazo.com]

The graphs for times traveled and drugs used are exactly the same.

fuad, if you are bored, you must be a masochist because you do spend a lot of time playing and it shows in your results.

Jedikilla, in 500 days, you really haven't played. People tend to stick around in Torn for the friends they make here and because the game mostly fills a time slot. Then eventually they get involved in factions and warring, or trading and the stock market, and they find something they really love doing. It's really more like a job that you love that doesn't pay anything. But you have to put time in for it to be fun.
Keza [2672120]
fill those blood bags
before i go to sleep i do a race every night
also try your hand in the casino, i like the bookie and blackjack
check the map for items as well