I think a tax system would be really cool. Let’s say the faction wants to get a couple PIs for their players to rent. It would be cool to be able to make it so the player that rent the PIs are taxed an amount of the items they bring back. Perhaps have a quota of a couple item that if not met they lose the PI?
anyone have any ideas to elaborate on this one?
(please keep all comments constructive)
No. Just no.
R-
Uh... No... That's a really good way to make people quit and/or never join factions. The "tax" you pay for most factions is participation, which often already leads to payment for the faction, either with money from crimes or other factions, or with respect which can be used to help the faction earn more money. Formal taxes like this are a big no no.
You already have the rent system in place. You pay rent for a certain number of days of staying in someone else's PI.
Rent=money=plushies.
I agree and that is something I thought could be a problem. Although, the faction would not have to put the tax in place. They would simply have the option to. If they put the tax in place and the members didn’t like it the members would leave and likely go to different factions. Maybe they would even go to a smaller faction that wasn’t requiring so many taxes or any tax at all even though they offer less in the way of bonuses.
I think this could be a fantastic way to get players more evenly spread out between factions. I think it will let faction leaders either gain more from their faction and, thereby, increase your desire to become a leader yourself. Or it will let factions have another ability to incentivize joining other than that they give out Xanax.
perhaps it could be a more specific tax as well, say as you rise in the ranks of the faction you are taxed less and less, maybe eventually even receiving a portion of the tax?
No. Tax your faction members, lose your faction members. Based on your response in one of your other threads, you're out here to get money. And you seem to be out here to get money without having to do anything to get it. You want to tax your faction members so you get money and don't have to do anything for it, all the while reaping the benefits of a large faction. I promise you, this would not end well. Don't tax your faction members or be prepared to be in a very very lonely faction. All due respect, earn your money like the rest of us, or scam someone somewhere else.
Accidental post
I’m sorry, you may notice that I am not a faction leader… if anything I am offering to give my money away. I’m actually freshly in my faction only about a week. If my idea was to be implemented tomorrow I would pay the tax, assuming my faction did it. Please don’t look at my idea as me trying to scam you. I don’t matter. My idea is what matters. I’m trying to improve the game for everyone.
also, your acting as though it’s difficult to earn money in the game. It’s not. I reminded you of scams because I like that they are allowed in the game. It adds a level of realism.
There's not gonna be a tax implemented. Stop trying.
No.
IRL, governments need taxes too pay the people back with amenities, helping the poor, etc.
Torn City's Mayor Chedburn doesn't need any taxes. At all. So, no.
IRL governments also use taxes to go to war, build housing, roads, etc.
Chedburn has nothing to do with this. The faction would make and collect the taxes. They could use the collected tax however they see fit.