I noticed that factions are able to take medical items, drugs, etc but are not able to take things such as plushies. I think it would be a fun new upgrade that could be used to help organize people’s efforts to pitch in for things like PIs for faction members to rent.
Reason for suggestion: I think it will make the game more interesting and allow for more creative use of factions.
Feel free to elaborate if you like the idea!
(Please keep all comments constructive)
Mmm I don't think you realise how easy to abuse that would be. Allow me to explain.
With the current setup, there are very very few things in the faction armoury (none that actually come to mind atm) that someone could just take massive amounts of out with complete reckless abandon, and none of them, to my knowledge, you can directly profit from (ie, you can't loan out a pair of combat gloves then immediately turn around and sell them). When you add things like plushies and flowers into the mix, suddenly there's a big problem with abusing the factions generosity. All of a sudden, TheUltimateSalt just took out 10,000 plushies, traded them for points, and isn't sharing any of the wealth. And there's now nothing you can do. She indirectly robbed you blind and it's all because you put plushies in the armoury. Not to mention, it's an amoury, it's meant to be equipment and buffing items, not a warehouse of free stuff for whoever to take and do as they please with.
It's a sweet gesture and I think it's very kind of you to think of your faction when looking for changes to be made, but this kind of thing would add more issues and more potential for vault thieves than you might initially realise.
Hey wait a minute, I would never do such a thing....
Please send 10k plushies :P
The only part of this I would support is being able to add properties which can then be rented to members. Otherwise, no.
Downvoted as the reason for this suggestion is not clear.
Apologies, I thought I’d stated it fairly clearly. I see that it might not be so clear. I’ve edited in one reason that this could be a great addition to the game.
Hmm, you raise a good point. I personally wouldn’t do something like that but I agree other people definitely will. There are many solutions to that problem. I believe the most direct solution would be to simply not let members take them out of the storage. By this I mean, when it goes to the market it is not being sold by a member but by a faction. The members never touch the plushies and never see the money. It all stays in the faction.
that could be another very interesting idea to add to this as well. Factions being able to sell or put items on the markets. A bit like a faction bazaar. Thoughts?
I personally think that the solution would happen naturally though, without any systems forcing it. If someone steals from your faction then kick them out and attack them for how ever long you see fit. Show that there are consequences to your actions. That if someone messes with your faction that they pay for it. This would also mean that you have to trust whoever you let touch this storage. Don’t just let anyone do it, screen them before hand and make sure they are trustworthy first. Remember scams and things of that nature are allowed in Torn.
Sell them? You think people take plushies to turn around and sell them? Before I respond to anything else, tell me why there's such a profitable market for plushies. Tell me why people want them and what they do with them.
Once you reach level 15 you will unlock travel. This will be your main source of income. You will be importing either flowers or plushies. Both of these items have effectively the same use; if you’ve unlocked the bachelors of history then you unlock the museum. I have not unlocked this so don’t know every detail, although, I know that if you collect a set of all the plushies or flowers then you may exchange them for points. Points may be a exchanged for money. This is why plushies are so profitable. I personally Tavel to South Africa and get the lion plushies and typically sell them for $67,000 per plushie.
What Elizabeth is saying is, factions are not interested in the plushies/flowers. They are interested in the points from exchanging plushie/flower sets.
All your change would do is to skip one step in that someone right now has to deposit points in faction for chains/war.
Also, for your change to happen, factions would have to be muggable, other traders can use factions to sell stuff and never be buymugged.
I see this as a really easy way to multi and not be caught. The faction has a bunch of mumtis that all drop their travel goods and then the faction sells everything and buys the items the leader wants. The leader is now profiting from the multis without any direct wealth transfers. If you couple this with the faction tax system the OP suggested, I think he's a cheater trying to figure out ways to cheat with an army of multis.
In case it's not clear, I'm outright accusing the OP of wanting to cheat.
Thank you for pointing this out to me. I actually did not consider this because I have not and do not ever plan to cheat. Please don’t make accusations you have no proof of. My idea and myself have nothing to do with each other. Please do not try to slander me just because you don’t like my idea. It doesn’t help anything.
I do encourage you to discuss the idea though. I personally think it has potential even if there are a few kinks that may need to be worked out.
Hmm, you are correct about skipping a step but I believe it will also keep members honest as they wouldn’t have the opportunity to steal from the faction.
As for muggable factions. Maybe some sort of system like how players can hack companies to steal their funds? I agree that, that would cause some balance issues. Although, I think there is a possible solution.
what are your thoughts?
I'm not sure I see your point.
Are you talking about people being able to 'loan' items to the faction instead of 'donating' items to the faction?
ew gross
Pretty sure he wants members to donate their stuff to the faction so it owns everything and it sells your goods and sells them at bazaars and then the faction provides you with what leaders feel you need. Couple this with his faction tax idea company empire idea, and it's clear he knows nothing about the game or how it actually plays.
Look at the current Monarch troubles for why letting the faction control everything is a bad idea.
Ok, that's just ewwwwww then
Your taking my idea a little far. I suggested a storage like system, much like the armory, for items such as plushies and such. Where members could pool items for whatever they feel they need. Not that every member should give all their stuff away into some sort of communistic faction. If they did, that would be their choice.
I think I have a decent bit of knowledge about the game. Not everything, but I certainly know enough to see an idea that could be fun, that is not in the game currently… this forum is not to keep the game how it is but to change things about the game. Furthermore, I’ve posted an idea, not a devised plan. I’m looking for peoples knowledge to see if this could be a viable idea. If not than that sucks and I’ll dismiss it. Until then, I would personally really appreciate it if you kept your comments constructive as your complaints about how dumb the idea is or your fruitless accusations of me cheating or wanting to helps no one. If you see a problem and want to help them post something, otherwise please dislike it and get the heck out of this thread. Thank you.
I gave the Monarch article a cursory glance. From what I was able to tell it didn’t have much to do with the factions owning too much but instead the members being selfish jerks. Scamming etc. which led to mistrust and the rest. I might be wrong though like I said, a cursory glance.
He is incorrect. That is an extreme take on what I’m suggesting. As for loaning items vs. donating them. That is a possibility. I am open for suggestions. I originally thought it would be a donation. A contribution would be a better word, a way to help the faction out as a whole instead of the individuals in the faction.
if the item were loaned then the faction would be expected to pay it back, adjusting your faction balance maybe? I’m not sure how loaning the items would work.
You clearly missed the point of the Monarch thread, but that doesn't surprise me.
You have made suggestions you think would be fun, good job. Players tell you in each thread that your idea is bad because of how they would be abused, but you don't listen. There is no constructive way to make these ideas into good ideas, because the only good idea is to not implement them in any way. I'm sorry you don't see how bad they are, but it's like a child who wants to eat candy for dinner. They don't see how it's a bad idea, but the experienced people have to shut it down.
Everything in this game is taken to an extreme, it's filled with min/maxers and their exploits are impressive. Each idea must be evaluated with these players in mind because the game will break otherwise. If you want an example, do some reading on the bookie scandal and it might open your mind a bit to how extreme players go around here.