Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Announcements

Started by Chronology [290441] on in General Discussion.

56 replies · 3.17k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 57 / 57 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Tipsy [1160609]
These look awesome, it'll be great to have the smaller versions! There's too many at the moment that just aren't the same when they get cut down shorter.

I need that valentines day one though... where can we get it xD
CornHub [2423014]
Awesome! Will they be automatically changed to the half sized versions for viewing in forums, or will it be a case of selecting full size or half size always?
Sir_Cr4p [2047256]
Oh yes. This should definitely be a priority right now. Because there isn't anything that is more urgent and would benefit the community more than some banners.
Mr_Red [1693261]
Any chance of the text being an actual searchable text overlay rather than part of the generated graphic in future? Would make searching for people in lists so much simpler.
CRLF [2095076]
Hey, I noticed Hentai TV only has one marketer but two stage hands! Don't you think it would be more beneficial to use one of your stage hands as a marketer?

What's that, you say? The two have TOTALLY different skill sets? And you don't need two marketers to succeed? And you're already moving at ten stars? And I have NEVER directed a TV station before so what do I know?

So I should just sit down and SHUT THE f**k UP? Yes, you're right. Good point.
CRLF [2095076]
Yes, and as the director of that company with ALL the information available, YOU can make intelligent choices about how to use those resources.

But I, as an uninformed outsider, have no idea which of your employees can do the job of another. So how can I possibly give you good advice on how to make use of them?

You just proved my point. You're welcome.
Muthannnaa [2150016]
Ched can we get Jimmy007 to be on the books to develop and help redesign all the merits and honour bars? Surely you have seen the ones he's made for quids? Think of him as our merit/honour bar envoy.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Personally I'm not really a fan of just using cropped stock photos, although that's certainly how some of the older honor bars were first made back in the day. Our current process for honor bar creation is actually pretty serious, and we generally go through around 10-20 variants before landing on the perfect one. Cleverly utilizing transparency where we can to add depth, picking unique colours and styles that haven't been used in other honors before, and taking care choosing the margins for where names of various sizes may fit.

I expect you prefer the look of Jimmy007's faction honor bars simply because they're full contrast - something that wouldn't work site-wide on Torn. We found early on we had to dull ours to properly blend them into our UI, they stuck out like a sore thumb, similar to intrusive advertisement banners.

Edit - That's not to take away from what Jimmy007 has done, I think that's a great project and the style works perfectly for his purposes.


Any chance of the text being an actual searchable text overlay rather than part of the generated graphic in future? Would make searching for people in lists so much simpler.
Thank you for reminding me, I've revived this project and hopefully we should have something for next week - fingers crossed.