59 replies · 1.39k views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:60 / 60 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
60
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
CornHub[2423014]
· 22 likes · If you can afford 3 xanax a day anyway, using your own xanax to chain is really no big deal. You'd be using those xanax to train anyway, but instead you're using them to benefit the faction and therefore benefit …
Fermion[2691036]Officer
· 7 likes · When you're chaining you're getting respect that increases the value of the faction. You get perks, yes, but those are temporary. The respect you gain doesn't help you much personally. It benefits the faction more directly. Really depends on how …
Bracky[1600795]
· 6 likes · Faction should ofc supply with Xanax and points! I get mad when members use thier own Xanax.
Hey ladies and gents. I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on chaining in a faction. Should a faction provide the xanax for the chain and wars. Or should you provide yourself?
Tyrech[2091318] · #2
I'm more of the opinion that 'Factions' and 'Chaining' should be two completely different subjects as they give their own rewards. Doing both at the same time is an abuse of the system that only some scumbags use.
I think it really depends on the age/abilities of the faction.
Xanax are expensive so a faction that is not bringing in income for the leaders to use should not be expected to supply high value items like xanax to members.
If you can afford 3 xanax a day anyway, using your own xanax to chain is really no big deal. You'd be using those xanax to train anyway, but instead you're using them to benefit the faction and therefore benefit yourself.
However, if members can't afford xanax, then yes, the faction should supply for them since it gets chains completed faster etc
I say use yourown if you can afford it. Self sufficient is a must. By doing from small things like this, you will be trained to be independent in bigger issues.
If you can afford the xanax to train then yes you should pay for your own xanax to chain. A faction can hold 100 people, all of those people have access to the perks, if you're not willing to contribute then you don't deserve access to those perks, most factions(if they don't hold rackets) are solely funded by leadership so yeah, if you can afford it pay for yourself so the faction can use any money it has to help newer players find their way.
I think it depends. In my eyes however, if you already are using your own Xanax to train during the day, why wouldn’t that extend to chaining as well? I get that not every player can afford that of course, so I could understand if they needed help/the faction provided.
I know some factions provide Xanax regardless if their members can afford to use their own or not. Me personally, I always use my own Xanax, boosters (not that these are usually provided anyways), meds and temps.
I provide Xanax for my members under 1b networth, after that point they really should be attempting to use 2-3 a day on their own and therefore are losing nothing by redirecting those to the factions goals rather than their own
I used to use my own xanax when chaining. Now the rehab bill is so high that i take the xanax. After paying over 19 bill in rehab fee's you would think a player could get rehab for free lol.
The only items I use are xanax from a faction when provided for chains... I use my own med items boosters(if I have) or points in chains and am self sufficient in most aspects.
I don't do 3 x a day or always points daily as can't always afford it or have the time to fly to make money nore do I have stock blocks giving a passive income
When you're chaining you're getting respect that increases the value of the faction. You get perks, yes, but those are temporary. The respect you gain doesn't help you much personally. It benefits the faction more directly.
Really depends on how a faction ownership looks like. If it won't be sold for money and belongs to the people, use your own if faction can't afford it and its trivial for you. If it will, and its solely owner led/owned then it's their investment and you're increasing the value by chaining itself. The least they could do is give xans :P
Xan being cheap is an argument that goes both ways. And yes, the total costs may be quite high, but then so is the value the factions will get from them.
For my faction I don't use faction xanax for chains, i use my own since I'm self-sufficient. Same with almost everyone over a certain NW. We don't publish it, just sort of an unwritten rule really. Having said that, as leader, I'm always happy to provide Xanax to anyone who is willing to chain for the faction. Our circumstances are different since we're only a 1.1m respect faction so getting any and all people involved to chain is a priority.
But Belgareth was in my faction before he left. He was a good member. He chained, he warred, he helped out. We provided the xanax but smaller factions like ours are in a different situation and player retention is harder when a 6m respect faction starts poaching.
Faction have certain set rules and expectation from its members.
Those are strong enough to get a member kick out.
It is only fair that a faction provide resources that will aim to benefit the faction.
When a member leaves/is kicked they do not take their share of respect with them to wherever the migrate to.
Point here is faction and chain plus you specificly poited to xanax sponsoring.
Being in a faction or company is a contract. You need them as they need you. You want the train you give your energy, they want your respect/hits they give the energy.
The players keeps the battle stats and the faction keeps the respect.
As far as this thread goes, I believe the present mechanish is perfectly balanced and fair.
A faction chains for one reason only, to gain respect. This in turn buys the nice things, all the specials and buff's you enjoy as being part of a faction.
We supply Xanax & Points to anyone who wishes to use it during a chain or war. As a faction we shouldn't asking members to pay for the factions respect, as members should be hitting loads in a chain to help the respect gain.
But some do finance themselves, which is much appreciated, as it helps the faction when giving out rewards and such after the chain.
Members already spend their time and natural e regeneration to chain so I'm all for providing them with Xanax and points (and prizes) so that the chain is equally supported by member resources and faction resources. I feel like that's only fair, since although members do benefit from the perks that the chaining respect buys, as others have pointed out, they can't take that with them if they eventually move on.
Most of our members who can afford Xanax do use their own already anyway, and to be honest I'm way more concerned about people who can't afford to but still refuse to use faction supplies, which ultimately stunts their own growth, and that isn't good for the faction either.
100 member faction, 4 xanax stack, 830k per xan = $332m per chain, or $3.984B per year.
If a faction has the infrastructure and funding to spend this kinda dolla for monthly chaining, they should have a higher calibre of players than would need it.
People talk about "the faction" providing supplies as if they just appear out of thin-air. I'm sure once you have a load of PA teams and some rackets that might be true, but on the road to building a faction, when "the faction" supplies you, that is "lead, co-lead, and council" buying you shit so you do the bare minimum. OCs don't even come close to the running costs.
Edit: Obviously at the start of the game when a single xan is 1% of your networh, then factions should be providing chaining supplies, but if you been playing longer than 6 months, $5m a month for an item that provides +X gym gains, -X OD reduction, etc. is a bargain.