Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Factions and Chaining

Started by Belgarath25980 [2160863] on in General Discussion.

59 replies · 1.39k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 60 / 60 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Riot [974353]
This^

im probably better at making money than a good portion of the playerbase and I would almost certainly bleed my networth dry if I was expected to provide Xanax for the entire faction every single chain

it may be a cheap item on its own but when you multiply it by how many you need for 100 members it gets insanely expensive.
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
Yeah there's a really tough stage imo where you are doing long enough chains people do need to stack, but still very frequently (like weekly 1ks or even 2.5ks). And you only have low income OCs. And your members are generally still new enough they don't have much income and Xanax is hard for them to fund too.

For us that was when we were around 300-500k R. It wasn't fun trying to figure out how to fund things. Fortunately our older and richer members were very generous donating supplies for others.

Before that it's not so bad, because if you are doing 100 and 500 chains that doesn't take much Xanax. And later you have more self-sufficient members and also other sources of faction income.
Tyrech [2091318]
I think chaining as a concept is ridiculous tbf, you can be in a faction or not, but still be/do whatever you want (within reason). Naming it some "noun" I think is counterproductive, lets just all attack people
Belgarath25980 [2160863]
My head was kind of mashed at the time after being called a "leech" for asking the question of not being able to use xanax from the faction, as it had always been the case of any faction I've been in that they provided the xanax for the chains and I used my own medical items etc.
So I just wanted to know the script elsewhere within torn.
My bad also as I don't normally make posts or even comment on the forums. I know for next time now tho don't I ;-)
pokey477 [1271316]
All faction leaders should provide the essentials for there factions, xanax for chains (points if they can offord) as well as revives if needed in a war.

if the faction leadership cant offord these things, or is unwilling to buy them and wants the members to pocket the entire expenses of it all, then that group of leadership should not be running faction anyways,
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
If a faction runs 1-2 PHs, together with some CLs and MTs, they are more than sufficient to provide Xanax and refills, whether or not members uses it, and still have enough to keep for a rainy day or run competitions with prizes. (Granted this may be harder for smaller factions)

Unless you are giving all the OC profits back to the members, what else are you doing with the money? SEs for your leaders?
OGColossus [2153592]
I believe that you should be totally self sufficient. That includes weapons, armor and drugs. The perks from a faction help you as an individual. You need to help the faction to help yourself.
CornHub [2423014]
Let's say for the sake of example... 1x 10k chain per month, at 840k per xanax, each chain takes 2 days

100 members taking 4 xanax each to stack, plus 5 in the 48 hours it takes to complete = 900 xanax per chain = $756m per month :S

Yeah, definitely unrealistic to provide lmao
Jabajaba [2499335]
I fund all Xanax for chains, regardless if my guys can afford it. Many push back and choose not to take it but I always rather that I cover it - they turn up and do a great job over a number of hours, so want to cover the cost :)
Belgarath25980 [2160863]
I would have thought a faction with the ability to do a 10k would have some decent players who have built up some decent networth allowing them to be fully self sufficient so wouldn't be all 100 members using out of the faction, also wheres the natural e regeneration into the equation.
Also I know of factions having runners who go to SA for the xanax bringing the cost down even further... So its prob half the cost stated... Which some can be covered by the OC done by members
Adrenalinas [1974447]
should is a kinda strong word.

Anyway, it depends on how you look at the faction, if the faction belongs to a person/persons (members do not have word on faction upgrades or rackets/OC's income goes to leadership or leadership plans sell faction) when it should.

But if you look to faction as the team/family were all benefits from it I don`t think it "should" anyway it can provide Xanax, but definitely not "should".
CornHub [2423014]
rackets/OC's income goes to leadership
IMO this should never happen regardless of if the faction is actually "owned" by someone i.e. not member owned

The only thing you buy, when you buy a faction, is the shell and the respect. OC and racket income, go back to the faction in the form of paying for xanax for chains, giveaways, chain prizes for top hits, most respect earned etc.
Adrenalinas [1974447]
To be fair I kinda agree with you
Anyway, I think that members should not demand Xanax for chains if all the faction income goes to improve the faction.
Also, think that faction belongs to members that are led by leadership.

But here are different opinions:

For example, you can ask T-Max he thought because he invested in the faction, rackets income belongs to him because when he sold the faction he demanded that Oran pay for the faction and that he took rackets income too because rackets belong to him.

Again if you think that faction is owned by someone its income is owned by that person too (it same as a company, it can reinvest profit, but it could just $ out).
Belgarath25980 [2160863]
I agree "should" may be too strong a word.
I never demand xanax or any items from a faction in most aspects I'm self-sufficient but my experience of being in a faction has been they provided for chains and wars all that was needed.
During a chain the only thing i used from the faction was xanax.... Points and medical items I used my own as well as boosters if needed
Adrenalinas [1974447]
As I said it depends on your view.

If you view faction as the company that ran by a director when all chains/war expenses should be covered (because that is work expenses)

but

If you look to faction as the community that is led by leader/leaders team it should help members as much as capable but for example, if faction assaulted and all faction $ gone for revives it not should provide you with Xanax, but at the same time it should not require to you do more hits that you can afford.