Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Limb Targeting

Started by Evil_Santa [2461568] on in Suggestions.

8 replies · 220 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
12
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Evil_Santa [2461568]
In light of the new armour types with bonuses added in the recent patch, I think it would increase the skill and fun of Torn PVP combat if we were allowed to choose what limbs to target when attacking.

Concept
Each limb has a unique damage hit chance and damage bonus ascociated with it (I think this is already somewhat in the game). For example, the head is hard to hit but takes a lot of damage if hit, vice versa for the torso. Hands, arms, feet and legs have minor debuffs ascociated if hit such as losing some effective dex scaling up with damage dealt to that limb. Here's a list of the exact debuffs I think would be cool to add:

Head: 5% higher crit damage + 5% higher crit chance + 15% higher base damage, 40% base hit chance
Torso: default damage and default hit chance
Hands: 70% base damage + reduce opponent speed by up to 50% scaling with dmg, 60% base hit chance
Arms: default damage + reduce opponent speed by up to 15% scaling with dmg, 90% base hit chance
Feet: 70% base damage + reduce opponent dex by up to 50% scaling with dmg, 60% base hit chance
Legs: default damage + reduce opponent dex by up to 15% scaling with dmg, 90% base hit chance

The main concept is to implement a system similar to VATS in Fallout, where the enemy outline allows you to select what limb to attack aswell as the hit chance you would do on each limb (i.e. hands, feet, head etc.). You select what weapon you use, then click on the desired limb you want to attack. Here's a little rendition below:

[image: i.vgy.me]

However, unlike VATS, since you dont know what armour bonus or weapons the enemy has until they use it, the hit chance of each limb is only revealed after the first successful attack on that limb, hence why the green highlighted limbs show no hit chance marker.

I was thinking, with this combat system, you could reward people with high speed and strength with enemy debuffs by attacking feet or hands, and provide more strategy with temps and weapon choice.

TLDR: Add pseodo Fallout VATS in torn combat

I think this addition would add more skill and thought into PVP combat and would like to know your thoughts on it! I hope I made the system balanced between dex and def whores and would like to know if you guys think this is a viable suggestion for the game.
Insi [2034939]
Well I'm going to say first of all, I don't think you should ever see your hit % under any circumstances, I don't think that really fits with my personal view of what Torn combat is or should be.

Secondly, how are you going to deal with melatonin + tear gas / hair trigger + assassin bonus headshot spam?

Defenders are already at a massive disadvantage and giving attackers the ability to specify they want a 4000 damage headshot attempt every shot rather than 300 dmg feet and hand shots makes it even more one sided.

What use would critical hit chance play in this new attack mechanic? If I target the torso can I still get a headshot crit?

With the introduction of new weapons, you could fire one shot, hit someone in the hand, and reduce their speed by 75%, 60% with a GAK, that seems op to me and we all know dex whores are already smug enough without giving them free flashbangs

How long would these limb shot debuffs last?
Evil_Santa [2461568]
whats wrong with seeing hit % after hitting a target? then you can take time to learn and see which limbs are the weakpoints of the target.

i hope i decreased the hit chance of headshots high enough to convey that headshots should only be taken if you know you have a significantly high speed advantage compared to the enemy. maybe i should put it even lower.

they take a big risk by going for a high damage headshot, than debuffing the enemy first by going for their hands and legs.

I would think the critical hit chance would add multiplicatively to the dmagae bonus of headshots, so its not so significant as it seems

I want to clarify that the stat debuff of shots to hands, legs etc go to a maximum of said 50%/15% debuff since it's scaled linearly by damage, so you would have to deal 100% of their life in damage in one hit to their hands to get the total 50% debuff. I would think Demoralize would just stack multiplicatively with it to have a minor increase in debuff speed.

I'd probably like the damage debuff to last the whole attack and accumulate multiplicably in group attacks.

I'd just like to say the numbers i gave for the hit chance and bonus are arbritary for discussion, I just wanted to convey the relative amount of damage/chance between the different limbs, but I would like to know what percentages you would think would be balanced if this was to be implemented.
DemiGOAT [2520314]
I won't really choose other limbs, i just want more headshots, mess with their brains. Eventually brain damage. Now if brain was a limb i would have chose it.