About this thread
Posts archived: 319 / 319 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 319
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 28 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 64 / 100
- Engagement score
- 89 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Temoque [2576871]
· 29 likes ·
Dear God, I hope you got the message and Hope you, you can make it better down here I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer But all the people that you made in your image See … - Zymurgist [2385147]
· 24 likes ·
Metal chicks get aggro, smoking on the pitch. Weather's not for leather, nicotine's a bitch. Goth chicks get restless, fistful of rings. Photos in the graveyard, such a moody thing. You a stone cold looker, whether you like it or … - Temoque [2576871]
· 23 likes ·
Incandescent light at doors In adolescent menopause In little clicks you got the music stops The needle sticks and the penny drops The summer's gone before you know The muffled drums of relentless flow You're looking at stars that give …
Hope you, you can make it better down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that you made in your image
See them starving on their feet
'Cause they don't get enough to eat from God
I can't believe in you
I don't believe in you
Dear God, sorry to disturb you but
I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image
See they're fighting in the street
'Cause they can't make opinions meet 'bout God
I can't believe in you
I don't believe in
Did you make disease
And the diamond blue
(I don't believe)
Did you make mankind
After we made you
And the devil too
Dear God, I don't know if you noticed, but
Your name is along with crooks in this book
And these crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
And all the people that you made in your image
Still believe in that junk it is
Well, I know there's only you, dear God
I can't believe in
I don't believe in
I won't believe in heaven and hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always letting us humans down
The wars you bring, the babes you drown
The lost at sea and never found
And it's the same the whole world 'round
The hurt I see helps you compound
The Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Is just all along its holy us
And if you're up there you'd perceive
That my heart is here upon my sleeves
If there's no such thing as don't believe in
It's you
Weather's not for leather, nicotine's a bitch.
Goth chicks get restless, fistful of rings.
Photos in the graveyard, such a moody thing.
You a stone cold looker, whether you like it or not!
In adolescent menopause
In little clicks you got the music stops
The needle sticks and the penny drops
The summer's gone before you know
The muffled drums of relentless flow
You're looking at stars that give you Vertigo
The sun's still burning and dust will blow
Honey scars I'll keep you near
Our blood is gold nothing to fear
We killed the time and I love you dear
A kiss of wine we'll disappear
The last of the last particles
Divisible invisible
The last of the last particles
Divisible invisible
Cinder block and busted doors, that's where I'll retire
Gonna dig a mote, fill it up with ale
Not much of a defence I know but the supply never fails
Woman, please let a poor man be
Let a poor man be
Columbia girl, please, please let a poor man be
Let a poor man be
And shiny black stilettos and a Red leather bag
Heidi took the dough up Front and went south
She would pick your Pocket with you dick in her mouth
After she left the trick broke
She'd hit Him up for a smoke
Then count her loot And go shoot some coke
She was cute As a button
Sweeter than a muffin
But Heidi slit your throat if you don't pay For her loving
Me and Heidi first met
On Vine and Sunset
She was pourin' sweat Out the corvette
She looked at me and Cringed said
'Hey you over there'
If You've got the syringe follow me and Ill Share
We went back to my room
And Used my harpoon
Noddin' off on the Couch watchin' cartoons
And when the Sun went down
She said Ill see ya Around
The last I heard of Heidi she had Moved outta town
Keepin' the place tidy For some high payin' fool
One night she Thought she was a fish, and drowned in The pool
she used her body to sell her soul
Every time they’d break her and pay
Tear out her heart and leave her in pain
She never found out how much I tried
All of the sadness she kept made me blind
She never found out how much I cried
the rope so tight on the night that she died.
love her by seethed from two different parts of the song but these lyrics speak to mE
It’s off the disclaimer 2 album song 15 if I remember right
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
In restless dreams, I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence
And in the naked light, I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never shared
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence
"Fools" said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
Then the sign said, "The words on the prophets are written on the subway walls
In tenement halls"
And whispered in the sound of silence
edit: I'll listen to basically anything, screaming metal music is a no go for me.
Because if its gone for you then i too may lose it and that would be wrong
Tried so hard to keep myself from falling
Back into my bad old ways
And it chars my heart to always hear you calling
Calling for the good old days
Cos there were no good old days
These are the good old days
Practically every one of the top 40 records being played on every radio station in the United States is a communication to the children to take a trip, to cop out, to groove. The psychedelic jackets on the record albums have their own hidden symbols and messages as well as the lyrics to all the top rock songs and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.
Here he comes, he's all dressed in black
Beat up shoes and a big straw hat
He's never early, he's always late
First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait
I'm waiting for my man, ah work it now
Up to a brownstone, up three flights of stairs
Everybody body's pinned you, but nobody cares
He's got the works, gives you sweet taste
Ah then you gotta split because you got no time to waste
I'm waiting for my man
Baby don't you holler, darlin' don't you bawl and shout
I'm feeling good, you know I'm gonna work it on out
I'm feeling good, I feel oh so fine
Until tomorrow, but that's just some other time
He lives by live and let die
His only God is the numbers on his bank account and
His shoes are shiny and clean,
But he can't wash off his sins
And? he would step on your dreams
To get all that he needs
At Jacob hands on tour
I wake up hungover on a hardwood floor
From a dream about your dress
Hangs off of your little breasts
I'd rather be dead
Than call this song how I lost your respect
But God bless or get neglected
And I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me
And I'll see you when the sun sets east
Don't forget me
But this Christmas rest assured that I will have my own protection.
I'll get a gun for Christmas to protect my other gifts
If bad guys touch my property they won't leave here with out a limp
Packing heat this Christmas I'll shoot it off on New Year's Eve,
'Cause bullets go in outer space when pointed up I believe
We overcome in sixty seconds
With the strength we have together
But for now... emotional ties they stay severed
When there's trust there'll be treats
And when we funk we'll hear beats
Karmacoma, Jamaica and Roma
Karmacoma, Jamaica and Roma
If our goals are all the same.
We can run alone and free
If we pursue a different aim.
Let the truth of love be lighted,
Let the love of truth shine clear.
Sensibility, armed with sense and liberty,
With the Heart and Mind united in a single perfect Sphere.
And the screamin' filled my head all day
It was as though I'd been spit here
Settled in, into the pocket
Of a lighthouse on some rocky socket
Off the coast of France, dear
One afternoon, four thousand men died in the water here
And five hundred more were thrashing madly
As parasites might in your blood
[Refrain]
Like an angel with cruel and merciless intent
Go forth, young boy, and you’ll become a legend
[Verse 1]
In time, this blue of the sky
Will reach out to knock on the door to your heart
You’re looking at me
Make it all that you see
Content and we’re merely smiling
Once more, the touch you long for
Consumes you in yearning to find that embrace
You’re unaware though
Now to what fate will sow
Temptation implores you to know
Someday you’ll notice – I pray that you’ll realize
These wings on your back aren’t a dream
At last, you’ll have all you need to escape to
The world where you’ll finally be free
[Chorus]
This was all a Cruel Angel’s Thesis from the start
Brought to life, out window now it’s taking flight
Scorching pathos if you betray your memory
Follow this deviant-divine philosophy
Shining more than these stars that bathe the galaxy
Go forth, young boy, and you’ll become a legend
[Instrumental Break]
[Verse 2]
With grace, and in my embrace
You fall deep into sleep, so tempted to stay
In the morning that falls
You alone will be called
By message from the realm of dreams
Moonlight reflects in your sight
The night that surrounds you invites radiance
And it’s all in goodwill
But if time could stand still
This moment, I’d freeze it in place
If there is meaning in two people meeting
Then maybe we’re doing this right
Within this trial, that might be the bible -
The way that we’ll both reach the light
[Chorus]
This was all a Cruel Angel’s Thesis from the start
It is time, for the sorrow in us to arise
You held tightly to all that’s left and tangible
Stuck between both the dream world and the actual
You out-shine any mortal who has walked the Earth
Go forth, young boy, and you’ll become a legend
[Bridge]
People who weave love, create without knowing
And carve a path through history
Though I’ll take a stand
I’m still only human
The goddess you need can (not) be me
[Chorus]
This was all a Cruel Angel’s Thesis from the start
Brought to life, out window now it’s taking flight
Scorching pathos if you betray your memory
Follow this deviant-divine philosophy
[Refrain]
Shining more than these stars that bathe the galaxy
Go forth, young boy, and you’ll become a legend
She like to be center stage
She don't pay attenion
She only give attention if it pays
Got no clout then she ducking dodging
Said she love you baby girl was flaudin'
Hangin' round for the wrong reasons
Baby girl switchin like the four seasons
Nobody wanna get abused
Wake up and realize they love was misused
Thinking they down but it's clear that they not
You don't get a pass cause you think that you hot
You is not that important
Baby Girl you stretching your fortune
She call me Daddy but one wrong move and
Baby girl you a orphan
EDEN- Burrell
I'm a runaway son of the nuclear A-bomb
I am a world's forgotten boy
The one who searches and destroys
Honey, gotta help me please
Somebody gotta save my soul
Baby, detonate for me, aw!
Look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
Ain't got time to make no apology
Solar radiation in the dead of night
Love in the middle of a fire fight
Honey, gotta strike me blind
Somebody's gotta save my soul
Baby, penetrate my mind
'Cause I'm the world's forgotten boy
The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy
And honey, I'm the world's forgotten boy
The one who's searchin' only to destroy
Look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology
Ain't got time to make no apology
Solar radiation in the dead of night
Love in the middle of a fire fight
Honey, gotta strike me blind
Somebody gotta save my soul
Baby, penetrate my mind
I'm the world's forgotten boy
The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy
And honey, I'm the world's forgotten boy
The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy