Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Language/programming to learn to make script

Started by Blin [2028034] on in Questions & Answers.

1 replies · 89 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
Blin [2028034]
I'm interested in making my own script like doctorn , ct item locator and torntools. Where do I start what language should I learn. Does learning it from w3schools suffice. I you guys know where else to gain knowledge please tell me. I am very interested in writing my own script
Patient [2131539]
With the API you can really use any language to make something for Torn. I made a couple utilities specific to DA job specials and one to calculate total remaining time for education to finish all of them in PHP using the API and hosting the pages on my own server. I've also seen executables written in other languages that players can download written in other languages and websites that use information from the API(Torn Stats, YATA)

If you want to make scripts that actually alter the Torn website itself, like Torn Tools or DocTorn, you'll probably want to learn Javascript(and html/css along with it), as it's a front-end language that allows you to dynamically modify webpages after loading.