Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hoarder!!!

Started by Vincent [1577779] on in General Non-related.

24 replies · 455 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Vincent [1577779]
Are any of you currently hoarding items irl? If so tell us all what you have been keeping! ?

just recently went to a ladies house hoarded junk everywhere with dog piss over lots of it. thought it would make an interesting forum post.
MunkyBone [2493877]
My wife says I am hoarding all of my old video games and systems from when I was a kid. They are in a basement closet at the moment as I would like to set them all up eventually. They all work still, even my original NES. I do have 1 back up unit of that in case it ever goes.

I also do have a giant box of original He-Man toys with the 2 castles that I won't let her throw out.
Tyrion [1967379]
That's not hoarding, wish I kept all my old consoles myself over the years.

Fortunately most can be played on PC nowadays through emulators.
A_Mean_Person [1631303]
Well i wouldn't call it hoarding, it is still kind of collecting...

At this point the only thing i collect is games (legitimatly aquired ones). Sadly since most of them are digital and split on so many diferent platforms it becomes kind of hard to keep up with what you actually have.

It's been a few times that i've been close to purchasing things on Steam that i already owned on Epic or GoG.

Other than that in the past i have hoarded porn (as most teenagers from my time i supose), tv shows & movies (Arrrgh), not so legitimatly aquired games, and, physical stuff, i supose i would consider Matchbox / bburago / majorette 1/64 cars (had over 3k at one point) and army men (dunno how many i had in total, but it was four 30 liter plastic bags of soldiers alone) (I would blame my parents for the last two though).
Fermion [2691036] Officer Officer
I have like a 1000 packets of Maggi noodles stored. For apocalypse reasons (bought most of them when the govt just randomly banned it for a few months. Can't be trusted xD)
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Books are my downfall, I love having them around...

Last year I bought a 1880 publishing of the complete works of Shakespeare, all 10 volumes, and I love them so...

10 books 142 years old reside in my home, that is something special...
Samorost [1655145]
I used to hoard ornaments and trinkets, and then random objects Id find out & about. It got so bad Id keep shards of broken plastic or wood Id spot.

It was confined to my room since I was living with my parents and they eventually helped me break the obsession and get rid of these pieces of junk.

Now I hoard video games(physical/disk form), books (mechanics, military history and wildlife) and call it collecting lol

As a side note my grandmother hoards newspapers so it must run in the family.
Limpd [789073]
Hoarding is alot different than collecting which sounds like alot of people do, hoarding is a whole new level unsafe and unclean once it's a fire hazard it's a problem