Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[empty shell] vs. [empty shell]

Started by CRLF [2095076] on in Faction Discussion.

153 replies · 2.89k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 154 / 154 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Plague_Doctor [1083237]
Or factions that have above certain respect, let's say above 100k?

How much work is it to build up 100k respect? It has to be quite bothersome if you'd like to use a 100k faction as a shell faction. It still requires the members and manpower
Deedonley [2527569]
The fact that you think anyone with a modicum of self-respect would be a multi is absurd. You can report anyone you suspect of being a multi at any time, but I can guarantee that it'll blow up in your face. I'm not stupid enough to risk my account being banned by breaking the ToS, and I trust my teammates and leadership to not be insane. Just because you see a problem that doesn't exist that doesn't mean that your problem is valid.

In other words, to put it simply for you: just because a problem exists on your end that does not mean there is a problem on my end.
CRLF [2095076]
I'm surprised no one has thought about using a decent faction shell, building it up to a high competition score, and then selling the faction as a "winning" faction. There's got to be some money in that.
JoeSkull [533524]
Nothing personal. Even if you're "testing", systems shouldn't be abused and fixes should come from such tests. Spit-balling ideas on how to address this isn't meant to be an attack on you and I admire your willingness for Ched to nerf your war caches.

I would just like to see the system used for its intended purpose: competitive warring. Not just used as a cache cow (pun intended) to be milked for profit while it's still profitable.
Negan [2066105]
Hey man, I totally agree!
And I'm not taking it personal. I'm just curious how the system actually works and if they had implemented something to avoid something like this.

But let's be honest. If I didn't do it, someone else would in a few weeks. Even people who claim they'd never do something like that, most likely would.

But yeah, I completely agree there should be some countermeasure against something like this
Negan [2066105]
You were sent $1 from someone with the message: Yeah no kidding you're not worried about faction perks, it's not like Savior has any anyway

A bit adorable they had to hide who they are. I appreciate the donation though!
Vulture [2169837]
I'm interested to see how it works out. I saw them in the process of scooting around factions. I assume they queued together and got matched pretty quickly. Their last war took them multiple days before getting matched with us. Wouldn't surprise me if doing methods like this might be an excellent source of loot.

If my understanding is correct, they could even end up winning multiple times with a single faction further increasing their loot per win. I could be wrong though.