Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Warhammer fans?

Started by pratttan [955266] on in Hobbies & Interests.

17 replies · 103 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

pratttan [955266]
Any of y'all warhammer fans? Do you partake in tabletop, the video games, or just reading the lore?

Share your armies in photos if you have them!
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
Warhammer has always been in my blood...

I did have an interview with Games Workshop, but they didn't have a position for me at the time...

One day...
pratttan [955266]
I run a Black Templar (mostly original marines) crusade and Imperial Guard Cadian regiment, I'll post photos next time I've got them.
What do you run?
Judge_Doom [2140277]
It's something that's always interested me. I'm more interested in the lore and learning about the universe. Maybe get into the game later on when I know more about it.
Any suggestions on a good place to start? It seems like a pretty massive world to jump into.
Baws [1704965]
Dark Angels as a primary army have about 8k points worth. 80% is unpainted though! :(

I also have a combat patrol worth of CSM and a small 1k SW detachment
pratttan [955266]
Whenever I'm on a car ride I like listening to Luetin09 on YouTube, he's got a lot of lore videos about all different topics. You can also check out ArchWarhammer, although his videos aren't always accurate from his personal bias to certain factions.

If you like reading I ALWAYS recommend starting off with the short book "Fifteen Hours" by Michael Scanlon. It's a great introduction to the grimdark atmosphere following a meager guardsmen and his short journey into the (relatively tame for 40k) horrors of the universe.
Baws [1704965]
The Horus Heresy books are a good reads. Depends what factions you want to follow as to which books you then want to read…
There are all kinds of series, just need to know what to look for
PrivateSnowball [111337]
luetin is great, the king of lore for sure. i really like baldemort for his flavoring of the setting too.

i started with horus rising. but was widely knowledgeable on the setting already. the eisenhorn omnibus should probably be a good starting point too
pratttan [955266]
I tried reading the first Eisenhorn and something about it made it very difficult to keep reading for me. Had to keep reading the same pages over and over because I wouldn't even be paying attention to what I was reading.

Just got done with the second Cain book and I'm flying through them though.
ThaddeusCarver [2803357]
Hey all!! New to the town here , i am back again at hobby almost after 12 years. Quarantine gave some extra time to work with and Started all over again with Sisters of Battle and Some Harlies!!

you can check some staff at ig: pro_goes40k