15 replies · 159 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
3
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Most-liked replies
CloudJumper[1636201] · 2 likes · That's a separate issue with Firefox itself, something which cannot be addressed from Torn side. Developer's confirmation is in this report.
All my chat windows, including faction/compamy chats, stopped syncing today, showing red "Connecting to server" messages. After I cleared cache in Chrome chat windows completely dissappeared (see screenshot). I tried restarting PC, clearing again cache and cookies, disabling DocTorn and TornTools - nothing changes.
Android app still shows tabs for old chats, but none of them updates and a "Connecting to server" message shows in each chat.
EDIT: Opening People's tab just gives me an endlessly rotating circle.
Yeah, I still have the same issue with my Firefox, however it's interesting to say the least, that it seems to be spreading to other browsers now as well though.
No it's not related to the firefox issue as "system" boxes are there.
I checked chats under your account everything is in order and works fine for me.
It's something on your end.
As chats don't work in every browser on your system I suggest you to disable any additional antiviruses or firewalls while testing websockets using this page https://websocketstest.com/
It is really weird. Websocket test works fine, with and without antivirus disabling. If it is my system problem, how come my android app has the same failure when working on 4G network outside of my home wifi? Do you have any further ideas? Can't really play without any chat boxes...
> has the same failure when working on 4G network outside of my home wifi?
That's indeed weird. Is it the same network service provider? Do you use any VPNs or proxy? Quite possible partial CF outage for a region. Please post message behind the cog box if any. Also in chrome (with any Torn page ope), open dev tools (ctrl+shift+I or cmd+shift+I), refresh a page and post the logs here
(anonymous) @ 26027649.js:1 (anonymous) @ 26027649.js:1 chats.js:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://ws-chat.torn.com/chat/ws?uid=2570051&secret=...' failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established. (anonymous) @ chats.js:1 (async) open @ chats.js:1 E @ chats.js:1 x @ chats.js:1 e.configureConnection @ chats.js:1 g @ chats.js:1 (anonymous) @ chats.js:1
Unfortunately it's not something I can fix for you as it's not something on our servers end.
Your logs says the connection is broken and closed. The same is in the server logs for your session. But for me connection works even with the same credentials as yours. Let's wait then, maybe it is the regional CF outage.