Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Of age

Started by Quack [2721068] on in General Non-related.

17 replies · 177 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
16
Likes on archived posts
25
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

Quack [2721068]
Finally hit that milestone in the USA, 21!!! Now I am able to drink "legally" however I am not really well informed on what is good and not.


Any recommendations for drinks to try?
Rat-Bastard [2603292]
Jameson and ginger ale

[Any] gin and tonic. I prefer Hendricks. Martini if you can handle it.

A white Russian.

Long Island.

The world is your oyster in moderation.
pratttan [955266]
Drinking isn't exciting when it's legal.

That being said, beer sucks. Jack and coke is cheap and my go to. "Lady drinks" aren't real and you should fight anyone who says otherwise.
Mephesto [1932248]
Go to a bar with a bunch of friends over numerous nights. Take 2 expensive drinks, 2 cheap drinks, and "the bartenders favorite" I did this every other weekend for a few months until I found:

1. I'm allergic to hops so no beer (this was my second outing)
2. I love high end scotch: This resulted in me spending a lot of money on many different types of scotch
3. Finding a cheap but delicious alcohol called Skrewball Whiskey, its a very smooth and flavourful peanut butter whiskey
4. Who my true friends were after I got plastered one too many times
5. How well I could truely hold my alcohol

We can all recommend you our favorite drinks and we can all tell you what is best. But only you can decide what you like.

Stay safe, stay good, and know your limits!
strange2 [68827]
Have a peated scotch now, then try it again in ten years. It's a good exercise for seeing how much your tastes change over time.

Also craft beer, spirits, and wine are all exploding these days. Try lots of things. Its a big world after all.

As far as recommendations, try to find all of these things. They should be off the beaten path a little.

1. Mezcal. If it isn't 100% agave throw it in the trash where it belongs.
2. An Austrian red wine. You'll need to find a decent wine store to procure this.
3. An oyster stout. Definitely an acquired taste, but if the brewery you are at has the chops to make it, they are worth your while.