Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Compiling crime logs

Started by djakker [2500587] on in Tutorials & Guides.

4 replies · 535 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
16
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

VanilaNightmare [2310825] ×1

djakker [2500587]
edit: I got less contributions than I hoped for but thanks to all who contributed
I reached out to (what I think is-) a lot of people, many replied, more pointed me somewhere else, even more didn't reply. I learned a couple of things:
  • Something like this has been done already but apart from 'nothing matters after 30 nnb' nothing of note made it.
  • PT faction allegedly has a log like this from the whole family potentially comprising of millions of entries. Like to get my hands on that...
Concerning the data (apart from the boring numericals) I can say that:
  • You can fail supposed safe crimes like "GTA: Steal a Parked Car" if your nnb is low enough
  • There is so much of a crime 'meta' that I cannot say anything about some other crimes (out of 205 THOUSAND crimes, only 1 swift armoured car for instance)
  • If going for 5000 'other' crimes it doesn't matter where you search. 5000 bins would net you ~$15.000 whereas 5000 theaters would net you ~$55.000. Hacking the FBI gets you $19.083 per nerve. Accounting for success rates of FBI hacks, you could say the "Find a Penny Pick it Up" merrit costs $177,4 Million in missed hacking income*
  • A lot of crimes are trash and No Shit Sherlock, the meta is there for a reason. They should be ashamed not having come about with crimes 2.0 yet.
In any case; you can find the logs from everybody who contributed. Feel free to experiment with it yourself.

==========================

Hi there!

Recently I've come across VanilaNightmare's [v3.0] API connected crime tracking spreadsheet. I applaud his work and anybody who contributed to it. Amazing work, very easy to use, noob-friendly and definitely worth checking out if you like numbers and statistics.

It has been really interesting to use my own data to explore the intricacies of the crime mechanic. Using this, I was eager to contribute to the torn wiki as much as I could. However I have come across a small bump. It will take me another 6 years to do all the crimes I need to do in other to get the data I need to report reliably on all crimes. So I figured I can maybe just ask other people to share their logs. The first three people proved more than willing to help and as such I've now got 200k crimes logged. But there could be so much more!

Would you be willing to contribute?
I've already gotten more than enough data on the 'famous crimes' like Warehouse Arsons or Stealth Viruses but any contribution might help. Especially if you've done a lot of lesser committed crimes like Polymorphic Viruses or Car Larceny.

>No thanks
Fair enough, have a good day.

>Yeah sure, what do you need?
Awesome! I only need the Log page. Below I will describe 1 way of safely sharing it.
  • Be sure to use the latest version of VanilaNightmare's sheet
  • Select all entries in the 'Log' page of the sheet
  • Copy the values (CTR+Shift+V or right-click paste special>values only) into a new sheet
  • Use the share button in the top right to create a read-only link which you can share here or personally

Contributors
  • VanilaNightmare
  • colaman32
  • DeKleineKobini
  • Allenone
  • Thtboz
  • phLOx
  • Social-Hermit
  • Elaine
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Plz send halp
[image: i.imgur.com][/background]

Grateful you replied anyway*

Mentions: VanilaNightmare [2310825] · [v4.0] API connected crime tracking spreadsheet

Zenarchy [2631831]
I've only just downloaded VanillaNightmare spreadsheet, and I'm currently running the script. As soon as I'm done, I'll send you the data.
phLOx [451848]
Enjoy the most boring log. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rA07Ic_ZbtRObngw0BAdnCpsrPHnODUOB1aW2G3xEFw/edit?usp=sharing