If I have the TCB Benefit unlocked for 10% bonus interest, if I start my investment with the bank and then sell that stock and lose the benefit, will I still get the extra interest?
Just note that you need to hold the stock for 7 days for the bonus to be in effect. You can’t buy, instantly bank and sell. Well, you can, but the bonus won’t be in effect. Have to wait out the 7 day timer on all passive benefit stocks.
I had TCI, but sold for better stock benefits. Like secondary FHC block. TCI has around 10 years ROI. I think with a TCI block I made 20m~ extra per month, while extra FHC gives me 13.5 million a week.
$60m > $13.5m. Since you only have to hold it for a week every 3 months, that seems like a reasonable profit for selling FHG for a week. Not sure if that’s with 10/10 merits in banking or without too, but it looks like you have a fair number of merits so 10/10 in banking shouldn’t hurt too much.
(though transaction fees do cut into the profit some)
I would actually not promote this idea as you would have to depend on both stocks value remaining constant over the 7 days.
Scenario: 1) FHG is sold for TCB to be bought immediately 2) TCB price continues to drop over the 7 days while FHG price rises
Over the 7 days, you might incur a greater loss than the banking profits. Sure, it might go conversely, but why take the chance (unless you are a stocks trader and have the set of price points you are comfortable with).
How, I used to do it (before I lost alot of it in the bookies), was having the 1.4b separate which was my trading/stock trading cash. Even if TCB did went down in price more than the banking profit (which it did once), I could afford to wait it out.
Alternatively, have a small pool of friends/faction mates, who can share the amount and each with different banking dates with more than a week gap each.
Once you have a couple of billion saved you could bank for 3 months using the 10% increase and merits if possible, sell the banking block and use that money to buy other valuable ROI benefits. Just before your last week banking sell those stocks and rebuy 10% one, wait the 7 days and repeat.
Sometimes 1 month is more beneficial that 2 months or 3 months. And I lately stopped investing 3 months at all, because after 1 or 2 months I have cash to reinvest in stocks immediately and can bring greater value than holding it for 3 months.