Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn mods?

Started by Terezi [2623567] on in Graveyard.

26 replies · 447 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Terezi [2623567]
I've refrained from posting publicly about this or openly talking about this for the past 2 months since I believed that I and my friends could privately get things fixed by talking to the mods but since my friends have been ignored and my messages to mods have been ignored too so I wanted to bring attention to their ban.

This post is about the ban of PotatoDuck, Terraiii, Rangay420 and Cthulhu360.

2 months ago I created a company to keep torn fresh and exciting for myself and my friends, we settled on an adult novelties store and they all joined my company. Another one of my friends wanted to create a faction for all my friends as well (I don't know whether their faction was a factor in this ban but I wanted to mention it).

My friends in the company got banned out of no where a few days later and we figured out 4 of them were banned.
To get unbanned my friends provided discord screenshots, an invite to our discord, photos of their faces with their usernames written on paper and explanations and context of the screenshots.

Despite all the evidence we provided and offered to provide, the moderators stopped replying and never unbanned them.

I decided to contact a mod on behalf of them a month into their ban and offered screenshots and explanations of our irl relationship (going to the same school and all being close friends) which initially went well but I began to get shorter replies and even just ignored.

That brings me to right now, I decided to post this to bring attention to my friends being punished for being multis despite them all being different people. I want to ask any moderators reading this to help us out and to let us get back to enjoying Torn.

TLDR - My friends got unjustly banned and I want to bring attention to this situation so mods can unban them.
Butterfree [140788]
no f**king way is anyone getting like 4 people who all go to school together to join a shitty text game and also all joint the same company and fac.
Gem [2581696]
Aw man, I hope this gets sorted out :( Your friends were in The Rifle Family just fine, nothing suspicious or even close to multis were suspected. I hope this gets sorted out, it seriously can't be that far-fetched that a group of friends plays Torn together.
Taxxon [882264]
Is it possible one of them had another log in for them? I could easily see this happening, 'Hey bro can you log in and pop a xanax for me' or even 'Can I use your phone to pop a xanax' not thinking this is a big deal. The fact you didn't get banned shows that they didn't just ban everyone and clearly made some effort to investigate instead of just banning you all.
Reezo [2450243]
huh? It's entirely believable for a friend to show a group a game they enjoy and convince them to start playing. Of course they'd join the same company/faction, they're friends, they want to play the game together.
stoon [2606745]
tfw when my wife, brother in-law, and I were all working in the same candle shop.

inb4 I'm banned for multi
Terezi [2623567]
If the mods looked at our chat logs they'd see us discussing random stuff about our classes since we talked in torn to avoid getting in trouble from talking out loud
Terezi [2623567]
We never signed into each others accounts, we all have our own laptops and phones.

Also their reason for ban was based off us logging on from the same ip which I suspected was the school wifi being weird.
Taxxon [882264]
Was going to be my next question is how school IPs are translated through Torn's tracker but even so, that doesn't explain why they were banned you you were not.
marsey99 [1404499]
Gtfo!!!

You play torn, you don't have real friends :p

If you're legit I hope it gets sorted. The rules about IP sharing got changed long ago to stop this type of thing happening :|