Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bookish Eats

Started by TheLibravore [2753655] on in Food & Cooking.

4 replies · 46 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
41 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Wavecrest [1989660] ×1 TheLibravore [2753655] ×1

TheLibravore [2753655]
Have you ever recreated a food or a meal from a book you’ve read it a movie/show you’ve watched? Are there any fantastical foods you wish you had a recipe for?

Bookish Cookbook

Lemon Cakes, A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin (courtesy of Wavecrest)

Quick After-Battle Triple-Chocolate Cake, The Book of Enchantments by Patricia C. Wrede (courtesy of TheLibravore)

Mentions: TheLibravore [2753655] · Wavecrest [1989660]

Wavecrest [1989660]
One of my hobbies when I have time is recreating recipes from shows/books/etc from all the things online. I was working my way through Game of Thrones recipes--my favorite so far from it are the lemon cakes from the Geeky Chef's recipe! They're not the most "authentic" but they were really tasty and definitely worth a try if you like lemon cakes :)
Wavecrest [1989660]
I do!

The link for the lemon cakes is here. I have the cookbook(s), so I'm not sure if the recipe was changed slightly, but it was really cute and tasty. I hope you like it as much as we did, just be warned if you use a muffin tin like I did, they'll puff up so if you want them to stand straight on their own, you'll have to cut the round bit. Since it's on the bottom, nobody really noticed.
TheLibravore [2753655]
I’ll need to make it for my kiddos sometime!

I’m adding the link to a recipe I first tried making ages ago when I was young and read Patricia C. Wrede’s Enchanted Forest Chronicles. After the series was done she published an anthology that had a recipe for a chocolate cake made for a cooking contest in a torment from one of the stores in the book, which was so fun to be able to follow along with!