.
About this thread
Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 31
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 42 / 100
- Historical score
- 31 / 100
- Story score
- 57 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- oraN [1778676]
· 10 likes ·
Why just email and Facebook post? I say Torn should buy a large display ad in times square. - bogie [148747] Admin
· 9 likes ·
Your timeout has already been removed, before this thread was made (so you didn't even check?), but you were posting increasingly unhelpful posts in there when we were actively trying to help people, just insisting over and over we spam … - Dolfwagos [1900418] Committee
· 3 likes ·
Google ad? Go bigger! Super Bowl this shit!
Your timeout has already been removed, before this thread was made (so you didn't even check?), but you were posting increasingly unhelpful posts in there when we were actively trying to help people, just insisting over and over we spam email a very limited group of people does not help. I don't know how many times I can tell you that we aren't sending out a newsletter email to our entire mailing list for a very temporary issue, affecting a very small group of people, for something beyond our control that we have already done everything in our power for to get resolved.
I explained, multiple times, why your suggestions would not be done - yet you continued to spam the discord insisting we do this.
We already had posts on reddit and FB explaining this, you were simply existing in there to be argumentative and actively preventing anyone who was coming to discord from having the chance to read the responses of advice we were giving.
There's also currently a post in the discord announcements, and also a news ticker banner for this.
Sending an email (which isn't something we can do anyway, as I also explained - and by the time the very few people affected even get a chance to read it I would wager the issue as a whole is already fixed) to 10s/100s of thousands of people for a very limited temporary issue is just barbaric overkill.
I also said we WOULD post a FB post if the issue becomes more widespread, yet you continued to just spam.
[image: i.gyazo.com]
TL;DR
OP kept insisting we send out an entire game newsletter for localized Cloudflare issues affecting an extremely small % of people, was told no and explained why this would be both unfeasible and unreasonable, continued to spam and argue this, preventing the few people coming to discord from being able to be helped, and got temporarily muted for it.
Graving this, as this isn't a discussion, this is just a continuation of the spam you were banned for after being told more times I can count now that we will not be sending out a site wide email newsletter for this.
I explained, multiple times, why your suggestions would not be done - yet you continued to spam the discord insisting we do this.
We already had posts on reddit and FB explaining this, you were simply existing in there to be argumentative and actively preventing anyone who was coming to discord from having the chance to read the responses of advice we were giving.
There's also currently a post in the discord announcements, and also a news ticker banner for this.
Sending an email (which isn't something we can do anyway, as I also explained - and by the time the very few people affected even get a chance to read it I would wager the issue as a whole is already fixed) to 10s/100s of thousands of people for a very limited temporary issue is just barbaric overkill.
I also said we WOULD post a FB post if the issue becomes more widespread, yet you continued to just spam.
[image: i.gyazo.com]
TL;DR
OP kept insisting we send out an entire game newsletter for localized Cloudflare issues affecting an extremely small % of people, was told no and explained why this would be both unfeasible and unreasonable, continued to spam and argue this, preventing the few people coming to discord from being able to be helped, and got temporarily muted for it.
Graving this, as this isn't a discussion, this is just a continuation of the spam you were banned for after being told more times I can count now that we will not be sending out a site wide email newsletter for this.
Was I wrong for suggesting he post about the issue somewhere other than discord.
I doubt he was banning you just for that.
Keep it up and you'll get a forum ban too!
You need a life bro..
.
Why Bogie is even working on saturday?
...just rejoin?
No, my permissions are bugged as I found out at this time (waiting on IBF to fix), so you were kicked as that's all was available at the time.
Muting was an option was it not?
No, my permissions are bugged as I found out at this time (waiting on IBF to fix), so you were kicked as that's all was available at the time.
R- for essay
From a reasonable standpoint: I'd say anything less than 30% of the playerbase and less than 48hrs of accessibility doesn't warrant a separate e-mail.
1 email from torn saying, hey use a VPN if you cant connect, isn't going to make me mark torn as spam
... I would have been ah cool, thanks for the heads up
... I would have been ah cool, thanks for the heads up
I have mixed opinion aboit this post.
1. I did have timed out in Torn discord too. Back then every maintenance and downtime, we only had one announcement n that would be in discord where staffs just spammed discord there was maintenance or malfunctions. Most annoying thing was no mug protection after down time. Ofc that was very unprofessional because why active players were being punished just because technical guys couldn't finish their job on time?
I did however understand the need to time out me so they could focus on technical issues before working on communication issues. So I wrote email to torn management along with evidence in how people just asked questions all over internet why they couldn't enter Torn. N how other games handled downtime and maintenance. N after that not only they lifted my timed out but also start to give mug protection when the maintenance n downtime is over the schedule. You should try that route.
2. However I have never seen game developers officially suggest their players to use vpn to access their game tho. Because most people will simply use free vpn app they get online eventho it can be disadvantage them for various reasons. N I can imagine how many people will pull even worse karens after they feel the free vpn is harming them.
1. I did have timed out in Torn discord too. Back then every maintenance and downtime, we only had one announcement n that would be in discord where staffs just spammed discord there was maintenance or malfunctions. Most annoying thing was no mug protection after down time. Ofc that was very unprofessional because why active players were being punished just because technical guys couldn't finish their job on time?
I did however understand the need to time out me so they could focus on technical issues before working on communication issues. So I wrote email to torn management along with evidence in how people just asked questions all over internet why they couldn't enter Torn. N how other games handled downtime and maintenance. N after that not only they lifted my timed out but also start to give mug protection when the maintenance n downtime is over the schedule. You should try that route.
2. However I have never seen game developers officially suggest their players to use vpn to access their game tho. Because most people will simply use free vpn app they get online eventho it can be disadvantage them for various reasons. N I can imagine how many people will pull even worse karens after they feel the free vpn is harming them.
.
I'm really confused on why we have to tell you each thing multiple times like with the aforementioned issue of why we won't be sending out an email to our entire mailing list and why that isn't possible anyway...
Graving this, as this isn't a discussion, this is just a continuation of the spam you were banned for after being told more times I can count now that we will not be sending out a site wide email newsletter for this.
.
Why just email and Facebook post? I say Torn should buy a large display ad in times square.
Why Times Square. Go big or go home! Google Ad it!
I think bogie just answered your question "Bogie getting annoyed and abusing his power?"
MoonKnight cool, you tried to give some feedback and opinion on the matter. Nice of you to do that!
It got denied by ADMINS for whatever reason (fair or not).
Take it as it is and move on. Not your place to enforce anything.
I do have a suggestion for you, when you'll own an online game and it will have cloudfare problems fixable by logging in trough VPN.... send an email explaining how your player-bese can connect.
Seems fair?
It got denied by ADMINS for whatever reason (fair or not).
Take it as it is and move on. Not your place to enforce anything.
I do have a suggestion for you, when you'll own an online game and it will have cloudfare problems fixable by logging in trough VPN.... send an email explaining how your player-bese can connect.
Seems fair?
Google ad? Go bigger! Super Bowl this shit!
.