Delete
About this thread
Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 37
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 43 / 100
- Historical score
- 31 / 100
- Story score
- 61 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 27 likes ·
I disagree with the premise that there are no bad ideas. Generally people are far less likely to downvote something than they are to upvote (I believe due to the lack of anonymity in votes), if something in suggestions gets … - Patient [2131539]
· 10 likes ·
Eh, as long as you're consistent with what you say, even if contentious or even just not entertaining , you'll still end up with a ton of karma. I don't know why I got so much, it just came from … - Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
· 10 likes ·
Life isn’t what your parents and teachers taught you - there are definitely stupid ideas. Some of yall just need reminding…enter, downvotes
The people who downvoted the suggestion believe it won't help the game.
.
the suggestions forum is free karma tho. all you have to do is suggest something that will buff a majority of players playstyle and the sheep will upvote.
dont go overboard tho.
dont go overboard tho.
Except for controversial suggestions (like any LGBTQ+ topics usually), the current system seems to be working fine to be honest. In most cases it's pretty simple: reasonable suggestion with lots of thought out details = upvotes, unreasonable suggestion not even making an effort = downvotes.
The 'risk' of downvotes is there to keep people from suggesting every other idea they had during their last restroom break (even if karma doesn't have any real effect on gameplay). While in some cases players may downvote simply because they dislike the person behind the suggestion or due to their personal beliefs, I think this upvote/downvote system mostly does the job and doesn't need to be looked at.
edit: typos
The 'risk' of downvotes is there to keep people from suggesting every other idea they had during their last restroom break (even if karma doesn't have any real effect on gameplay). While in some cases players may downvote simply because they dislike the person behind the suggestion or due to their personal beliefs, I think this upvote/downvote system mostly does the job and doesn't need to be looked at.
edit: typos
I disagree with the premise that there are no bad ideas.
Generally people are far less likely to downvote something than they are to upvote (I believe due to the lack of anonymity in votes), if something in suggestions gets overwhelmingly negative votes then I think it is simply an outright bad idea.
Sure, it's always a good thing to want to improve the game, but if something isn't too well thought out generally it doesn't get all that much negative attention - it gets replies to say no/why it needs improvement and then dies off naturally.
The ones that are truly, truly, bad ideas are the ones that get the mass negative votes - such as the one that recently suggested players be able to DB other civilians to delete their account...
Karma doesn't really have much of a negative (or positive for that matter) effect on a player, best approach is to embrace the slight ego bruise and move on, and do better next time.
Generally people are far less likely to downvote something than they are to upvote (I believe due to the lack of anonymity in votes), if something in suggestions gets overwhelmingly negative votes then I think it is simply an outright bad idea.
Sure, it's always a good thing to want to improve the game, but if something isn't too well thought out generally it doesn't get all that much negative attention - it gets replies to say no/why it needs improvement and then dies off naturally.
The ones that are truly, truly, bad ideas are the ones that get the mass negative votes - such as the one that recently suggested players be able to DB other civilians to delete their account...
Karma doesn't really have much of a negative (or positive for that matter) effect on a player, best approach is to embrace the slight ego bruise and move on, and do better next time.
Life isn’t what your parents and teachers taught you - there are definitely stupid ideas. Some of yall just need reminding…enter, downvotes
I think you’ve confused Torn for Reddit.
It’s not like karma can go into the negatives anyhow or that karma has any other value other than saying you talk a lot of shit on the forums and people think you’re funny or you’re an OG meme poster like myself and chit, You shouldn’t worry what downvotes from terrible ideas do to your karma but instead you should worry why you’re the only person to think that terrible idea is a good one
.
Tempted to R- your plea against negative karma but I will refrain.
Also
Oh no his karma income
Also
Oh no his karma income
What a nice way to say 'you guys are dicks but I like you all'
Only speaking for those who enjoy accumulating Karma. I'm little to nothing karma based so it wouldn't effect me too much.
"Karma doesn't really have much of a negative (or positive for that matter) effect on a player, best approach is to embrace the slight ego bruise and move on, and do better next time. start posting dank memes. "
FTFY
FTFY
Seriously
Can u imagine if I could get anon downvotes?
I'd be so f**ked
Can u imagine if I could get anon downvotes?
I'd be so f**ked
Karma isn’t so bad now but it used to force people to post their cookie cutter shite in the forums cus it’s guaranteed gains, the community lap basic nonsense up. I’d rather not have it but I suppose it’s an added little mini game for karma whores
Peace
Peace
Karma is meaningless. It wouldn't really matter
Eh, as long as you're consistent with what you say, even if contentious or even just not entertaining , you'll still end up with a ton of karma.
I don't know why I got so much, it just came from bullshitting here and being myself or posting what I thought was funny. Maybe stop trying so hard and stop worrying what other people think?
Or you could just keep doing stuff like this:
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
And this:
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
Own your own words and stop worrying about how others see them and then maybe people will start to respect or enjoy your thoughts and opinions.
I don't know why I got so much, it just came from bullshitting here and being myself or posting what I thought was funny. Maybe stop trying so hard and stop worrying what other people think?
Or you could just keep doing stuff like this:
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
And this:
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]
Own your own words and stop worrying about how others see them and then maybe people will start to respect or enjoy your thoughts and opinions.
Yeah, you got me. When I first joined I didn't treat it with respect and I got my ass handed to me with bounties. Although, you didn't have to call me out like that when I'm only trying to discuss a game mechanic. <3
Edit: I do suck with ideas
Edit: I do suck with ideas
This isn't facebook. Make stupid posts and get down rated...
And by the way, karma is utterly pointles. It gains you nothing, other than another even pointless forum...
Don't believe the hype...
And by the way, karma is utterly pointles. It gains you nothing, other than another even pointless forum...
Don't believe the hype...