Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Earliest available API data

Started by GeorgeASDA [236425] on in API Development.

2 replies · 121 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
GeorgeASDA [236425]
Hi, I couldn't find this information listed anywhere.
I noticed using the crime log spreadsheet that my earliest crime data obtained was around 4 June 2018. I know I've taken extensive breaks from torn but can't really remember when exactly, so I tried to get some API data from back in 2006 when I first joined but those calls were coming back empty. Also tried a few sporadic dates in between those times but always empty.

Is there a known earliest date for which we can query the API? Is it fixed or rolling - perhaps the latter as this forum was obviously around in 2015 so must have had data then? Does it vary for particular sections of the API?

(edit: if I widen the parameters to all logs I get results in 2017 but no crimes, and nothing before 2017)

Thanks!
Blainyckz_ [606698]
Same I can get back to the timestamp - 1523450492

After that, the log call just becomes {"log":null} so everything errors out.

Since you can get back to 2017 but for me and Mick error out at different points in early 2018, I guess maybe it has something to do with having x period of inactivity that confuses it. Not sure if that's by design or not...

It should go further than that deffo my criminal record on torn is 29,376 and I can get back to 28,867 with API calls so not too far off. My only other guess is that data has been archived somewhere and is only available server-side on Torn? o.o