Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Tax?

Started by Dr_Phoenix [1601223] on in General Discussion.

219 replies · 7.19k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 220 / 220 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
220
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
69 / 100
Engagement score
87 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Faction 30085 ×2 Fazor [559595] ×2 Faction 7049 ×1 Faction 8400 ×1 Faction 8500 ×1 Faction 8803 ×1 Faction 8836 ×1 Faction 8938 ×1 Faction 9036 ×1 Faction 9055 ×1 Faction 9953 ×1 Faction 11428 ×1

Dr_Phoenix [1601223]
Would you ever join a faction that has a faction tax?

Like example, "weekly you need to send us x amount of Xanax that we will buy with SA prices. If you fail to do it you pay x amount of money."

I only ask because I know of a faction that does it lol.

Edit*

There is also requirements for chaining and crimes with penaltys.

Edit*

Fast travel to response from faction.

Mentions: Faction Tax?

KermodeBear [2011760]
Never. Being an active member of a faction is enough. Chains for respect, other activities to unlock higher upgrade tiers, both worth more than some xanax.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
No
Tho I knew a faction who did that but with one condition: members were free to do whatever they wanted n when they wanted including not chaining or did any other faction activities. Which is very cool for people who want the perks but hate the rules
Omnirole [2561221]
I dont think people will join a faction with a tax, there are unlimited factions out there to join without a shitty ass tax :/
Nightmare [1637448]
I'll run one like this someday but in order for it to work there would be no chaining requirements.

If a faction requires chaining, ranked warring and a tax that would be shit.
kok [2316623]
Oh a read a faction with hax, I would definitely join one of those. Tax, not so much, gets my IRL PTSD triggered.
CornHub [2423014]
f**k that. f**k that. f**k that. If you want your faction to get anywhere, you need to reward your members, not f**king tax them!!
Cruelty [969080]
Thats extreme and a rip off.
I have seen factions have people fund wars/chaining and not participate in chaining though. Not a tax but a sale of membership in essence. One specific one was someone giving up their PA payments whilst leading it.
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
Not a tax per se but I have been in one where members are fly to Canada for 1 trip per week for plushie. This is to offset Xanax for the lower nw players.

The said faction was then a small new-player friendly faction with the highest OC being 2-3 MT iirc. To put aside 1 hour per week for such a reason is entirely fine and not a big ask imo.

I rather support such a venture then a faction which is a few times bigger but non-PA members are to fund their own Xanax and meds for chains.