I need to know the use or the benefits of the viruses?
Viruses
Started by YE_HI_AA [2441214] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 26
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 68 / 100
- Historical score
- 42 / 100
- Story score
- 51 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 28 likes ·
Catching committee abusers They're used for the 9 nerve "Plant a computer virus" crime, they're not single use, you just need the one and you can do it as much as required providing you have enough crime experience. - Who_knows_who [2176999]
· 11 likes ·
I’m not sure how it can be a “bad profit” when it doesn’t cost you anything to code them. You just click a button and a few days later you have a virus that you can use or sell. Granted, … - MightyGoober [812478]
· 11 likes ·
[image: i.kym-cdn.com]
Or for the pathetic maxed 100K/Month income Ched said was enough.
So I can't use it for any thing else just crimes
Correct
Or you can code them and sell them
Very Bad profit
Very Bad profit
I’m not sure how it can be a “bad profit” when it doesn’t cost you anything to code them. You just click a button and a few days later you have a virus that you can use or sell. Granted, you won’t make much money, but making any money that costs you nothing (and very little time and energy—one click) is still a profit.
but... you are Thecoder? 250 points for a name change :)
uh no
Yes you have point of view, but there circulation is very low that mean you may have a lot of viruses but no one buy.
I just think in criminal game like this viruses will had large use than that like use it in company that make it don't make profit for specific period or send it to someone to hack his laptops or PC something like that.
I just think in criminal game like this viruses will had large use than that like use it in company that make it don't make profit for specific period or send it to someone to hack his laptops or PC something like that.
You can get this merit in 1000 days (~2.7yr) by coding 100 simple viruses back to back.
[image: awardimages.torn.com]
[image: awardimages.torn.com]
Wait, they aren't single use? So we can just code one of each and never need do more (except for the merit)? Has it always been so?
Just code simple virus.. Repeat x1000 for the merit. As said above this will take over 2.5yrs and extra course /ILL stick won't change that by much.
Buy a stealth virus if you are going to be doing computer crimes... Its the safest with no red results
There was a rumour in the past of something occurring with a specific viruses but that just resulted in a member of the committee being kicked for using inside information for personal gain (the planned virus change wasn't real anyway)
Who know... Maybe viruses wil be revamped in Crimes 2.0.. But im not going to hold my breath waiting for that (an d I mean crimes 2.0)
The extra course (9days length?) reduces coding by 10% and the bb does indeed reduce coding time by 50% but now costs around 97mil to hold. For newer players this may be quite a bit too invest for a year +.
Thank you for the corrections, generally I'm used to talking to new players about merit hunting etc rather than experienced older players and certainly wouldnt recommend the bb until they have some decent cash behind them. As for the course 10% isn't that much in the long scheme of things and there are much more beneficial courses which is advise to take first.
Buy a stealth virus if you are going to be doing computer crimes... Its the safest with no red results
There was a rumour in the past of something occurring with a specific viruses but that just resulted in a member of the committee being kicked for using inside information for personal gain (the planned virus change wasn't real anyway)
Who know... Maybe viruses wil be revamped in Crimes 2.0.. But im not going to hold my breath waiting for that (an d I mean crimes 2.0)
The extra course (9days length?) reduces coding by 10% and the bb does indeed reduce coding time by 50% but now costs around 97mil to hold. For newer players this may be quite a bit too invest for a year +.
Thank you for the corrections, generally I'm used to talking to new players about merit hunting etc rather than experienced older players and certainly wouldnt recommend the bb until they have some decent cash behind them. As for the course 10% isn't that much in the long scheme of things and there are much more beneficial courses which is advise to take first.
Correct. It would make a bit sense in my opinion if they were used upon failure as it shows its either ineffective or was seized by authorities, but it makes little sense in changing it at this stage for this system.
why not :(
computer science education helps though
I'm actually grinding this honor passively
I'm actually grinding this honor passively
The BB and education course combined is a 60% reduction so that's hardly "not that much"
[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]“… but there circulation is very low that mean you may have a lot of viruses but no one buy.”[/background]
[/background]
Not true; just like every other item in this game, everything can be sold and bought at the right price. There are tons of items in the Item Market that don’t have a real purpose in the game, yet they are bought, sold, and/or traded everyday. Viruses are no different (in fact, they are better because they DO have a purpose)—I’ve been coding viruses for a few years now and I have had no problems selling them. (^__^)
Btw, it took me 551 days to get the “Silicone Valley” merit (code 100 viruses) with all the perks. I was coding only Simple Viruses to that point; as soon as I got the merit, I switched to Stealth Viruses since they can sell for more money—it’s not much, but it’s better than nothing! (^__^) $200k every 35 days for doing pretty much nothing.
[/background]
Not true; just like every other item in this game, everything can be sold and bought at the right price. There are tons of items in the Item Market that don’t have a real purpose in the game, yet they are bought, sold, and/or traded everyday. Viruses are no different (in fact, they are better because they DO have a purpose)—I’ve been coding viruses for a few years now and I have had no problems selling them. (^__^)
Btw, it took me 551 days to get the “Silicone Valley” merit (code 100 viruses) with all the perks. I was coding only Simple Viruses to that point; as soon as I got the merit, I switched to Stealth Viruses since they can sell for more money—it’s not much, but it’s better than nothing! (^__^) $200k every 35 days for doing pretty much nothing.
actually the education gives 30% (20%+10%) so plus the stock block 50% gives 80% total