80 replies · 979 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:81 / 81 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
81
Discussion span
→
Authority score
49 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Nika99[2306783]Moderator
· 29 likes · I actually agree with recruit status. It serves its purpose even though it’s annoying to those moving between factions. I’m team keep recruit status. It’s only 3 days and it makes you really think your moves through.
Hawk[2080065]
· 24 likes · Recruit wasn't to stop guesting in chains. Recruit status was added to help balance the rackets. - Big faction extorts partners with little faction to control a racket - Little faction gets attacked - Big faction members join faction to …
Touch[1317237] · 15 likes · Recruit status should be for 7 days
So... Now, it's not possible to kick a member, leave or join a faction during a ranked war. From what I understand, the recruit status was implemented back in the day, to avoid people guesting in the middle of a chain.
Why not just put the same block on chains, so no one can leave or join during a chain and then remove recruit status? It's pretty much just punishing people for going between factions.
I am pretty sure it's more than to keep people guesting during chains - jumping between jobs/factions all have 3-day cooldown for perks, this also is a reason for this status. Keeps people from Job/Faction hopping as much. I am not a big fan of this idea.
I actually agree with recruit status. It serves its purpose even though it’s annoying to those moving between factions. I’m team keep recruit status. It’s only 3 days and it makes you really think your moves through.
Sorry my darlin', I can't agree with you here. I do like the recruit status, yes it makes things awkward sometimes and frustrating for new members, but I think the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
Recruit status was added to help balance the rackets. - Big faction extorts partners with little faction to control a racket - Little faction gets attacked - Big faction members join faction to win - Ched said this type of "zooming across the map" to fight anywhere needed attention
I'm not saying this solution is perfect - just that it is still serving a purpose other than what you have challenged here.
although I could understand OP, with the introduction of RW, recruit status does hurt when you want to join friends for a little skirmish here and there
If he wanted to balance rackets he should've removed the raid functionality. Recruit status don't do shit if big faction can initiate a raid from across the map - no need to zoom across.