Hello guys/gals!
First off, I really recommend reading the full text before passing any judgement.
I'm not sure if opening up about this is the right course of action. But having seen how supportive this community can be, I'd like to share my story and bring up some awareness to this condition.
To give some context, I too was once naive and oblivious to how serious PTSD could be until I became afflicted. I wOn't go into the particUlars of what my trigger moment was, but I can tell you about the repercussions it had on my life.
To begin with, the experience of PTSD is just horrible. For me, when it stroke, it was mainly a tightness in my chest that didn't allow me to breath properly, like I was holding my breath for a whole minute without being able to release the air in my lungs. But what was even worse than that feeling was the inability to purposefully end it and the constant anxiety of knowing it could happen at any time, any place.
I'm not proud to admit that my initial coping mechanisms weren't the best. I started to use drugs and, worse than that, to steal. Drugs helped to numb the pain by making me have more energy and extra strength. I guess stealing helped because by harming someone it felt like I wasn't the only one in pain. I can't say I regret what I did because, for me, they were just coping mechanisms... but I'm not proud.
It wasn't until I met someone here, who also suffered from PTSD, that things started to get better. I reckon that sharing my story and listening to theirs, knowing that I really wasn't alone in this, was what help to facilitate the process of healing. Since then, I've been more openly talking about it with my friends and within my faction, and I've found that, one way or another, there are a lot of people here that are afflicted by this condition. And that is why I wanted to share my story :)
Nowadays I'm doing better. I still experience it from time to time, but I know that if I hold it in for just the right amount of time, eventually things will get better. Unfortunately, I still haven't shaken my old habits of using drugs and stealing... but each win is a step in the right direction, am I right?
So if you're also suffering from Premature & Traumatic Stock Deals, or as I call it PTSD, feel free to share your experience / coping mechanisms. And remember... to hold it in xD
If you made it this far, I now recommend you read it again for the (not so) missing clues.
For real though, PTSD is a serious condition and in now way is this meant to devaluate it as the serious problem it is - just a Torn-related GD thread regarding the great stock depression of 2022, with a twist. If you are afflicted by it, think might suffer from it or know someone who does, I urge you (or others) to seek professional medical and mental help; and wish you the best luck to overcome it and cope with it.
First off, I really recommend reading the full text before passing any judgement.
I'm not sure if opening up about this is the right course of action. But having seen how supportive this community can be, I'd like to share my story and bring up some awareness to this condition.
To give some context, I too was once naive and oblivious to how serious PTSD could be until I became afflicted. I wOn't go into the particUlars of what my trigger moment was, but I can tell you about the repercussions it had on my life.
To begin with, the experience of PTSD is just horrible. For me, when it stroke, it was mainly a tightness in my chest that didn't allow me to breath properly, like I was holding my breath for a whole minute without being able to release the air in my lungs. But what was even worse than that feeling was the inability to purposefully end it and the constant anxiety of knowing it could happen at any time, any place.
I'm not proud to admit that my initial coping mechanisms weren't the best. I started to use drugs and, worse than that, to steal. Drugs helped to numb the pain by making me have more energy and extra strength. I guess stealing helped because by harming someone it felt like I wasn't the only one in pain. I can't say I regret what I did because, for me, they were just coping mechanisms... but I'm not proud.
It wasn't until I met someone here, who also suffered from PTSD, that things started to get better. I reckon that sharing my story and listening to theirs, knowing that I really wasn't alone in this, was what help to facilitate the process of healing. Since then, I've been more openly talking about it with my friends and within my faction, and I've found that, one way or another, there are a lot of people here that are afflicted by this condition. And that is why I wanted to share my story :)
Nowadays I'm doing better. I still experience it from time to time, but I know that if I hold it in for just the right amount of time, eventually things will get better. Unfortunately, I still haven't shaken my old habits of using drugs and stealing... but each win is a step in the right direction, am I right?
So if you're also suffering from Premature & Traumatic Stock Deals, or as I call it PTSD, feel free to share your experience / coping mechanisms. And remember... to hold it in xD
If you made it this far, I now recommend you read it again for the (not so) missing clues.
For real though, PTSD is a serious condition and in now way is this meant to devaluate it as the serious problem it is - just a Torn-related GD thread regarding the great stock depression of 2022, with a twist. If you are afflicted by it, think might suffer from it or know someone who does, I urge you (or others) to seek professional medical and mental help; and wish you the best luck to overcome it and cope with it.