Serious question, do you help noobs or make it hard on them? Whenever I see a new player I try to help them out in some way. Rather a little money or just advice. Am I the only one? Lol
Do you help noobs?
Started by TS3 [1766430] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 55 / 55 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 55
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 67 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 44 / 100
- Engagement score
- 75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- ZAYN [1181209]
· 11 likes ·
We're all new players at some point and having the right people to help will make the game so much more fun and they're more likely to stay around. With that being said, some new players who resorts to begging … - SarmatianEmpire [565880] Reporter
· 8 likes ·
Help, we recruit like mad so it's basically required we help them. Wrote our own guides, set up a mentorship program type of thing, set goals for them, check in with them all the time. There is a lot to … - Quim [2699286] · 8 likes ·
Why go hard on them when you can help them out, and once they reach lvl 15, go hard on them? disclaimer: I don't actively attack active players outside of ranked wars
Mentioned in this thread
Baldr [1847600] ×1
Why go hard on them when you can help them out, and once they reach lvl 15, go hard on them?
disclaimer: I don't actively attack active players outside of ranked wars
disclaimer: I don't actively attack active players outside of ranked wars
We're all new players at some point and having the right people to help will make the game so much more fun and they're more likely to stay around.
With that being said, some new players who resorts to begging and asking for loan with zero effort, they're definitely not worth the time.
With that being said, some new players who resorts to begging and asking for loan with zero effort, they're definitely not worth the time.
I help them with advice when i can. Favourite activity on torn actually, lol
Help, we recruit like mad so it's basically required we help them. Wrote our own guides, set up a mentorship program type of thing, set goals for them, check in with them all the time. There is a lot to learn in Torn
I dont give handouts, but my advice is free
When I see a very low level jailed for the same crime 2-3+ times in a row or so I often chat them to suggest sticking to easier crimes for now, and link them to some guides. Or if they’re still very new and try to pay me a Xanax or whatever for a bust.
PS this is better suited to General Discussion, as it’s not a technical question about a game mechanic, but rather a discussion topic.
PS this is better suited to General Discussion, as it’s not a technical question about a game mechanic, but rather a discussion topic.
Why yes, yes I do.
it depends. if they look like multis or just casuals who aren't ready for a game like this then no, i don't help them and i can even make it a little hard for those that act like assholes, keep begging or similar.
if i think they are genuine new players who are taking on the challenge of building an account from zero i sure give some help, but it's the kind of help that matters, like pointing them in the right direction and sharing any knowledge i've gained when i was in their same situation. no free stuff, they can easily earn what they need if they want to.
if i think they are genuine new players who are taking on the challenge of building an account from zero i sure give some help, but it's the kind of help that matters, like pointing them in the right direction and sharing any knowledge i've gained when i was in their same situation. no free stuff, they can easily earn what they need if they want to.
I'll help anyone who asks,
Or anyone who posts on my thread. (F&G)
The competitions I run are for everyone, be they Lv. 1. or 100...
Or anyone who posts on my thread. (F&G)
The competitions I run are for everyone, be they Lv. 1. or 100...
no
I deal with a lot of new players daily, and I try to help them out how I can by answering their questions and pointing them in the right direction for "how to play torn". I generally give them any tips/information that I would have liked to know when I started off.
And I don't give handouts, because if I gave just 100k to every noob I've dealt with, I'd probably be sitting around -5b networth.
And I don't give handouts, because if I gave just 100k to every noob I've dealt with, I'd probably be sitting around -5b networth.
I tend to be helpful with advice.
Regular posters in the Q&A forum are helping out those who have questions, so the readership skews towards being helpful.
This question posted to General Discussion would likely have a significantly different response.
Regular posters in the Q&A forum are helping out those who have questions, so the readership skews towards being helpful.
This question posted to General Discussion would likely have a significantly different response.
Help them out? Never.
They need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. No welfare for them.
I had to learn this game the hard way, like I did with neglectful and alcohol parents. Now that I have repressed those negative feelings and embodied them as my personality i will project those feelings towards everyone. They will learn themselves or quit.
They need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. No welfare for them.
I had to learn this game the hard way, like I did with neglectful and alcohol parents. Now that I have repressed those negative feelings and embodied them as my personality i will project those feelings towards everyone. They will learn themselves or quit.
To help a noob, I only do 100 day marriages. They get free room and board in my PI so they dont have to worry about rental, fees etc... for the first 3 mo ths of gameplay.
Lets them make cash with no worries.
If need be they can have sole use of vault.
Lets them make cash with no worries.
If need be they can have sole use of vault.
this is quite nice and original, i might do it in the future after getting all my marriage merits.
i also want to let you know that your current spouse has been inactive for 6 days, just in case.
i also want to let you know that your current spouse has been inactive for 6 days, just in case.
I used to help newcomers to some cash and a few xannies... then stopped after noticing that most of them ends up quitting or in fed to be honest.
I like too give advice. Teach a man too fish as it was.
or stop serious mistakes such as watching newer (0-90 days) players loose 10-20m on buy mugs.
or stop serious mistakes such as watching newer (0-90 days) players loose 10-20m on buy mugs.
You are at ca. 15b NW. -5 means a difference of 20bn. That would require you to donate to 200k people.. more than 35 people every day you have been on Torn.
I call shenanigans!
Seriously though, I share the sentiment ; keep up the good work of sharing knowledge!
I call shenanigans!
Seriously though, I share the sentiment ; keep up the good work of sharing knowledge!
Yes! Nature Watch is real! Over the years i have had a lot of field mice. Some of them become great players partially due to my early help in their intrepid careers!
I dont help brand new players after all a lot of them are multis. Only help players who have been playing for months. A lot of the multis will be weeded out by then.
I dont help brand new players after all a lot of them are multis. Only help players who have been playing for months. A lot of the multis will be weeded out by then.